Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Some things I took away from this module were record keeping, conflict resolution and preventing attrition.  I think I can relate to sometimes wanting to back out of online learning, mostly scheduling out time and keeping to it. 

It is important online learners realize they must comply with the course guidelines. The instructor must communicate via email when there is a problem with a student.

I liked the tip about highlighted good work submitted by quiet learners to get them to engage more. I also think it's a good idea to have students who have technology difficulties (e.g. lack of internet access at home and/or lack of a device at home) to self-identify at the beginning of the course.

I learned that the same type of behaviors that are seen in the classroom ( noisy, quiet, disruptive, etc) are also seen in the e-learning environment, but is harder to detect. I need to be able to identify these behaviors early on and be able to manage it.

I learned in this module that students online are sometimes like those in the classroom.  Meaning, you will have some that try to be disruptive and likewise some that will hide in the background.  Keeping the reigns of the class will sometimes still be a challenge but is totally doable.

I love the idea of categorizing course communication records by category and student. By using a relational database you could easily get all documents related to either a student or by category.

I learned that it is very important to have a system to keep all communication with students in a organized manner. And I learned that I need to Review my institution's code of conduct for online participation.

There are many challenges to online learning. There are many different types of students who learn differently. There are measures I can take to address the many different problems and behaviors that may arise with different types of students in the online platform. I can always return to the course guidelines when dealing with objectional students and procrasting students.

I have learned that organization on my part will make my life easier. 

I plan to start organizing my information by utilizing folders for each of my classes.  I also plan to set parameters for answering emails.  I find myself answering emails throughout the day and even when I'm at home.

I have learned that I have to get much better at record keeping. The examples given reminded me that I must use a system that is both simple yet efficient. Additionally, this will help me locate info easier so that I will be a better teacher/facilitator as well as managing the course effectively and being able to locate documents if questions occur no matter what the circumstance.

My organizational skills are usually really great.  I will be keeping indivudual student work in a folder.  We do this in face to face situations and I will be continuing my work from March 13.

What have you learned from this module and how do you intend to apply it?

I think the best thing i learned from this module is the idea of "Online Behavior Managment" and learning about the different kind of behaviors you may encounter online and how to address those behaviors. 

Keeping an effective way to organize and store virtual forms and electronic notes. Because I don't organize well.

I have found adherance to organizational policies and procedures and applyig these to the on line environment has been helpful in student participation.

I found it interesting that technology can be overwhelming to some students and that it would discourage them to the point of dropping the class. I have assumed that my students were all going to be used to computer technology and smart phone technology. I have to remind myself that there may be a case here or there where that is an issue and I must reach out to all of the students and ask if they are understanding how to use the program and hardware needed to be successful in the class. 

I like that everything is able to be added to there files if you are keeping them therefore everything is very transparent.  I also learned that if you are going to do something online there can be procrastination and how to we keep this from happening.  I see this happening in my own class when students are asked to complete something online and instead they found there way to a game sight or something more intertaining then school work.

Being aware of dynamics that students face, and types of personalities, will help instructors identify areas of concern early enough to address it. Expect conflict to occur, and plan to act quickly when you think conflict exists. 

The need to maintain effective records is extremely important. I have a lot of work ahead to learn how to do this in an online teaching environment

I agree, translating my knowledge and experience to an online environment is my challenge

How handling online learning conflict, how to handle disciplinary actions online. How to address online issues. Help student who are having difficulty with technical issues. How to have students understand the policies and procedures and, how to address those concerns.

Sign In to comment