Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Email is the best form of communication and it is important to keep the recordes of all communication.

Good communications, boundaries and established set of rules are needed for e learning.

I don't ever want to teach a class where a student feels that they cannot participate.  I do like the discussions and use of email but it would be difficult for me if tension was created between the students during chats.

Even though we may face challenges with e-learners open, direct and sometimes private communications wil help solve most of the issues. Also, always leave a paper trail of your conversations to ensure you are following all policies.

I learned that there can be disruptive behaviors in an online class. 

Communication is key. Providing counseling and feedback. Instructors must know how to address undesirable behavior. Personality traits that you see in the classroom, you will see online. 

I found this information the most valuable. I have never lead an online class even though I have taken several online classes. I could see myself in this information when it came to time management and taking a class. And now I see myself needing great organizational skills.

This was a very insightful module.  I had not thought about keeping records of chat sessions, but I see why that's beneficial.  I knew that communcation was important, and because we went from face-to-face to online, I was thinking of how to continue close contact like that, but I now realize that I need to better embrace email communication with students.  Counseling, dealing with undesirable behavior, and resolving conflits exist even in online courses. (WOW!). I expect attrition to be an issue, so this wasn't really surprising.

• Keeping course records.
  • Communicating with students.
  • Counseling students.
  • Dealing with undesirable behavior.
  • Resolving student conflicts.
  • Minimizing student attrition.

This module stress that managing an online course is very similar to a face-to-face class.  You must be aware of the types of learner you have, keep accurate records and reach out to students who are falling behind or having issues.

This module helped me with two things. 1, Procrastination within the classroom is already hard enough, I cant imagine what it is going to be like on the elearning track. I have taken many steps to make sure that I have set up reminders for my kids to keep them on track.The other thing is the record keeping. As a fifth year teacher, I have always been bad at keeping records of contact for students, ,but I am being forced down that road now that all my classes are online. The tips in this module were helpful with that.

I have learned that there are a variety of reasons why students in an online course may decide to drop out prematurely. It is helpful to ask questions early on to see who might be especially vulnerable to alienation, technical issues, competition for time and other issues that may alienate their online learning. The initial biography may tell you something about the individual learner, but more specialized surveys can help the instructor identify those at risk early on in the course.

I learned many challenges occur in online classroom as traditional classrroms. I need to create or search for online conduct. I think video confrencing could deter challkenging behaviors. 

Just like in a traditional class, there are different types of learners taking online courses. Some may try to dominate or intimidate the instructor and other students, while others may be passive or procrastinate. Files should be kept to record different behaviors and as the instructor I should stay in contact with every student regardless of their behavior. Understanding my institutions code of conduct for online and class participation will help me with conflict management and resolution.

As facilitors in the E-learning environment, it is important to monitor communication between students. Address behaviors immediatly. Be open to the realization that students come with behavior patterns that they have already developed or learn, as instructors we must know how to deal with all types of behaviors.

recognizing different learners' behavior, and they way they deal with possible challenges is a must. Communication and support is key.

I wish my first online instructor had been thru this module. I definitely felt alienated during his class.

email messaging is the most convenient method of communication. Managing how we use email can be daunting. Conflict resolution, counselling , privacy issues, messaging, responding in a timely fashion , following company policy and procedures must be all taking into consideration. Working with students, guidelines must be set up and strickly enforced. We all have a lot to learn.

There will be many more distractions for the online Learner, so it is the instructor's responsibility to reach out to each student in an effort to persuade them that education is the one equalizer!

I learned that there may be students who will challenge the system. Keep good communication and any disruptions that may occur in their file. Remind them of the guidelines also. Ensure you are communicating with each student daily. Encourage the students to participate in the course discussions. Most students on-line with communicate with you by e-mail. 

I learned that there may be students who will challenge the system. Keep good communication and any disruptions that may occur in their file. Remind them of the guidelines also, Ensure you are communicating with each student daily. Encourage the students to participate in the course discussions. Most students on-line with communicate with you by e-mail. 

Sign In to comment