Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned the different types of learner in the online classroom setting to be able to understand and address any situation with each student based on the type of learner.

Having students in an e-learning environment doesn't excuse the instructor from keeping documentation and staying organized with proper records.  

In online teaching, effectively managing the e-learning environment involves mastering techniques such as clear and concise email communication. This technique ensures that instructors can convey information, answer queries, and maintain a positive and organized online learning space. Efficient email communication is a crucial aspect of successful online teaching, fostering a sense of clarity and support for students.

Common reasons for conflict in an online learning environment are ineffective communication, personality differences, differences in personal values, differences in personal goals, failure to fulfill commitments, and shirking roles and responsibilities. I will consult my institutional policy and procedure guidelines when seeking to resolve conflict.

As an instructor I should be doing all I can for the e-learners to prevent complications.

Keep detailed record of all student interactions, possibly in a folder on your computer per student. Encourage 'surfing students' to stay on track, and draw students that may not respond much online in with skills they may be familiar with.

This module was a good refresher for me with regards to the content.

Keeping students engaged with discussions can take many different forms of communication

The importance of communication via email or chats as well as recognizing the value of the code of conduct and how to reinforce, if needed.  

Different ways student learn, different conflicts that may arise and how to handle them.

Comment on Elizabeth Kinney's post: Having a user friendly and detailed system for keeping important communications/records is very important. Since all of the work is done online the instructor must differentiate between what is needed to be kept and documented on and what can be discarded. It would be easy to keep everything and become overwhelmed with excess documentation. 

Understanding the different types of students on online courses. Each one has different learning criteria. Its important to encourage all students and utilize counseling. 

The different types of elearner behaviors and how to manage them

Communication from the start is what has to happen, I have found that the students are more successful when they know that they can reach out to me about anything.

Responding to students individually will develop a relationship and trust with the student over time. 

Effective classroom management is at the core of a successful learning environment. To achieve this, I will consistently update course records to monitor progress accurately. Communication will be clear and consistent, ensuring that students are informed and engaged. To minimize student attrition, I will implement proactive strategies to identify challenges early and create an engaging atmosphere conducive to learning and success.

Mohd Ali

Valuable information on the different types of learning and strategies to be implemented in the e learning environment.  Useful information presented on how to deal with student procrastination and improve attrition in the classroom.

Electronic Communication and keeping good organized documentation with students. 

There are many types of behavioral issues that we can come across and the ways to handle them.

Implement a record keeping system. Keep to the policy of the institution.

Sign In to comment