Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There is a large learning curve from in-classroom instruction to online instruction.  This may be overwhelming to my students; thus, the better I understand the online platform and the more prepared I can be with specific expectations and instructions, the more I will be able to support my students.

I have decided to have a list of items by my phone, that are high priority items to cover for different questions when a student calls.

That it is not only enough to know your course but it is also important to know your students and there level of learnig ability. This willl help make them feel comfortable and want to come to class.

It is important that you know and make sure that you have a knowledge of how to assist and or handle problems with your systems and software should a problem arise.

It is important to relise that all instructors teach differently but you have to remember that thay all have to teach the same thing.

It is absolutly necessary to know your course material in order to be able to deliver it with confidance. Your confidance will also help put your students in a more relaxed frame of mind.

The importance of learning the CMS before teaching your first course.  It's always challenging the first time through, but the more you know beforehand, the better your course will go.

Teachers not familar with online technology will have to spend many webinar hours navigating all the need to knows on platform school will provide and than learn how to incorporate material created that is not available in the platform that is essential for a course not listed in thier courses. I hope that there will be time given for this endeavour.  

You must be there both for the learning side and technical side.... also communication is key to success.

Online learning requires preparation from the instructor. The instructor needs to know the ins and outs of the entire course or they risk losing student interest. Preparation also makes for a better delivery of the course which can lead to better student interest in the course. 

This section of the lesson highlights about the modules and lessons that forms the course structure. The Course Management System delivers an online environment as well as a means to track the performance of students. Also, the emphasis on support infrastructure that entails the learning support for the online instructor and the technical support that includes the technical team is an educative reinforcer. As an online instructor, it is important to familiarize oneself with the course delivery techniques to be an effective and efficient online instructor.

I need to do some homework on how my school's LMS platform works. I have only learned what I need to get by. They offer tutorials I just need to study them.

I learned so far that I need to get more familiar with the support structure of the CMS to be better able to offer support to students. I should offer an online tutorial or I also need to take the time to get familiar with the navigation of the CMS prior to diving into the course content. 

I have learned that as a teacher, you must know and understand how to navigate your online classroom. It is important to understand the ins and outs of your online classroom so you can be comfortable and knowledgeable to teach your students. 

I will absolutely take the time to find out what my students needs are ,so I can help them be a successful learner.

It is important to be there for students learning topics but also trouble shoot technical difficulties so they don't give up and quit the courses.

It emphasized for me that synchronous and a-synchronous teaching might require a good deal of thought on when/how I can interact with students vs letting students work by themselves to go through course materials

I will be sure to be confident in the technology involved before I try to deliver content

In order for students to be successful in online learning, instuctors and students must both have an understanding of online platforms being used and how to effectively communicate information and resources.

I noted the reasons students can become frustrated with online/remote learning. 

Sign In to comment