Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As we would want our students to follow protocol and use the resources we provide, we need to also provide them with a competent learning experience. This will require instructors to have (and share) knowledge of the LMS, layout the course efficiently, and be present.

The more I am familiar and knowlegeable of the CMS that my institution uses for delivery of e-learning, the more support I can give to the students to be successful. All the tools are provided, they just need to be utilized effectively.

The more I am familiar and knowlegeable of the CMS that my institution uses for delivery of e-learning, the more support I can give to the students to be successful. All the tools are provided, they just need to be utilized effectively.

I've been an On-Ground (inseat) instructor for ECPI Raleigh NC campus since May 2002 (18 years!) and only recenlty  moved to semi-Online due to the COVID-19 "Stay At Home" directive (March to now and UFN). Now I teach my On-Ground as Remote -- Synchronous and the Learning Curve has been steep for me and for my students. This EL102 course (Online Teaching Techniques) is already helping bridge the gap beween OG and OL and be a successful Remote instructor. For example, it points out a list of what to do before the course starts, and what to keep track of as the course proceeds. Looking forward to learning new things! - Erla (PS UFN = Until Further Notice). 

In an online format for delivery, as a student, I think that it is important to get to know the layout of the course, where and how to ask questions or get additional information, and to get to know how the instructor evaluates and teaches. As a teacher, I think that it is important to be aware that there are different learning styles and this may be difficult for some learners. I also think that it is important to provide a lot of different resources for learning, i.e. videos, class virtual meetings, etc. 

To be an effective online teacher, I must become familiar with the program I will be using. I must make decisions before the course begins such as how many attempts will I give students on quizzes and will the questions be the same ones. I must also become familiar with managing discussion boards, responding to students' questions or comments and posting grades.  Many things involved.

Communication between the instructor and student is key to success!!

There is a lot to teaching online. I look forward to learning more. Students can become frustrated with IT issues.

I have learned to familiarize myself with course delivery techniques and strategies.  I would apply it by making sure I create myself a checklist of everything that would need to be included in courses before that course started.  Also, making sure the content is more straight forward than being complicated for the student to understand.  I certainly have had numerous times of students not being able to find something or follow an online format.  

I have learned to familiarize myself with course delivery techniques and strategies.  I would apply it by making sure I create myself a checklist of everything that would need to be included in courses before that course started.  Also, making sure the content is more straight forward than being complicated for the student to understand.  I certainly have had numerous times of students not being able to find something or follow an online format.  

i've learned that I must understand the system that my school uses and familiarize myself with it in order for my students to be successful. 

Developing an easy to navigate e-learning structure is essential. Both instructor and student need to be able to find resources, communicate with each other, and deliver/understand learning expectations. These will all be factors to consider as I set up further e-learning scenarios.

This made me think about evaluating the course delivery platform that I am currently using. I am using Edmodo as our virtual classroom. It is very easy to use and meets all the criteria mentioned in the Course Delivery section.

The importance of knowing the subject matter and how to apply different modules according to the different students.

V. Barksdale

The importance of student support in its enhancing online learning.

As an instructor, it is essential to keep in mind that for my students to be successful, I must maintain a course that has structural integrity and navigational simplicity and that I provide opportunities for students to engage in intellectual interaction and student-centered learning.  Students will need both learning support and technical support.

I felt what I learned from this topic was the importance of the educators knowledge of the content and how it is presented through the CMS system.  Knowledge and familiarity of how the system presents and organizes the lessons will help the educator facilitate the learners progress through the course.  

I am completely new to an online approach to learning.  I realized after a few short weeks, a teacher cannot jump into the deep side of the pool without knowing how to swim, which I had to do given the COVID 19 pandemic. Knowledcge and effective use of the CMS is vital to the success any teacher and the students they teach.  

Support for both learning and tech is very important in order for students to feel confortable learning online.  As the instructor, you need to figure out what structure is going to work best for your students, therefore it is important to get to know your students but also know the software and progrmas that are to be used during the online course.

I found it extremely important that we ensure that we understand the instructional and technical support aspects of being ready to teach online. Teachers and students need to be understand the structure of instruction and how it will look in the CMS. Teachers and students also need to have the technical aspects needed to be successful in the online learning environment. Support resources needed to be identified early on and the information made readily available to teachers and students if needed.

Sign In to comment