Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In an e-learning environment it is crtical for the content and technology needs to be organized in a logical manner for users. It is imperative to make sure that your learners know the goals of the course and what is expected, along with how communication should take place with the instructor for content, and communication based on technology issues. 

There road map to learning varies and there is a lot to consider.

I am already utilizing a great deal of CMS, but there always seems to be room to grow. 

I learned that structure as well as communication and organization is key for online learning.  These components will lead to success for the students.  

Structure and support in the online classroom is the key to success.

Be familiar with CMS.  Be familiar with studenst and tech support.

I think that the easier and kid-friendly you make the online course or e-learning expirience, the better your students will respond. I also think that students will feel more confident in knowing that their instructor knows and understands their own course and are able to help them navigate through the course. 

It is important for the online instructor to be familiar with the CMS structure and also to interact with the students.  

That I must familiarize myself with the CMS and understand the subject and that I may deliver it differently than other instructors.

My biggest challenge is the technical side of online learning. While I am comfortable with using the technology, supporting the students with their side is sometimes quite difficult. Remembering this as I prepare the course material is vital to a successful online format. 

I learned the basic structure of most eleaning programs, reasons causing attrition, and the components that make up a CMS.

I feel the on-line evvironment may become stifling to students. When in class I have had students ask questions that while not specifically on topic brought the class together as we explored the answer. I don't think I will have as much flexability to do something like this on-line. I myself will have to become much more structured and driven by dates and schedules. I will need to find ways to be interactive while still being distant. New technologies allow this to happen I just need to learn how to utilize them.

I feel that an e learning environment is here to stay at least for awhile.  From the start, it is important to have classroom management which only can be attained by effective (excellent) communication and engaging active learning.

More than ever before, instructors must have a comprehensive understanding of their course standards and objectives in order to deliver it online (via CMS) in a fashion that is easy for students to learn the content (both synchronously and asynchronously) and navigate the CMS platform. 

All instructors and students are different.  Students will use the modules to their abilities and most feel comfortable in this setting.  It provides somewhat of an anonomity to the student.  Online learning and teaching takes times and once all get comfortable with the layout learning can be fun and achieved.  

Effective communication is one of the essential parts of learning. It specifies the outcomes of the learners.
It also will minimize the frustration of the students.

It is important to know the expectation of each department within CMS. Also to make sure students can navigate and find where their assignments are and how to post responses to discussion questions.

I learned the importance of stting up goals and moving formward.  I also understand that not all instructors will deliver the material in the same fashion.  And I understand the need to make sure that both instructor and students have and understand how to use the technology.  

I plan to beome more familiar with the different applications provided within my district's CMS in order to provide students with a variety of ways to illustrate their learning. 

On-line learning is an all encompassing task to master.  On-line training needs to be learned just as brick and mortar

training had to be mastered.  Time is what has has to be used to brcome successful.

Sign In to comment