Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Developing a rapport with student reduces cheating. Student understands they are appreciated and not just a body filling a seat.

I will make a point to speak to every student and have them engage with me. Take the time to fully listen to them before responding to their issues or situations. Include more class discussions to gage if every student is understanding course concepts.  

If anything this course is giving me reassurance to is a responsible choice to ensure the learning environment is positive for the students who are you eager to learn.  For those who I have continued to try to work with over and over and over sending them to administration is a viable and reasonable option. It does not mean I have given up on the student rather referring them to someone in assisting with getting student back on track.

Setting boundaries is a key first step for behavioral expectations, if a difficult situation arises listen or giving a student time to express themselves helps resolve the issue, also  having backup and notes to explain your actions

It's sad that young adults and older adults would act like children in the classroom. But they do and we have to address the issues. So, I learned how to handle a student who disrupt the class.

I learned many different ways to handle angry and cheating students. With an angry student, listening is the most important. Policy and procedure when it comes to cheating must be known and enforced. 

Great part!!!

The power of observation reveals the inner workings of different types of students, and not immediately reacting but taking time to process said observations is ultimately more effective for working with students rather than being reactive.

I've learned how to address and deal with a problem student in your class.  With proper communication, finding solutions, and proper documentation, you will be able to protect yourself and the company when a student is removed from your class and in case litigation happens.

Getting to know your students and relationship building really helps mitigate potential problems in the classroom.

Maintaining personal responsibility for learning is key to growth of a student.   

I have found it very helpful to closely monitor the class dynamics. Some groups of students are definitely more challenging than others. As I get to know the individual students I am able to direct their learning process more effectively. 

Learning how to handle and manage different types of students is critical to success in the classroom. This has been very informative. 

Open discuss on all assignments so I can give and receive feedback.

I really like the takeaway to position yourself in the back of the class during exams. I have always walked around and didn't realize this could cause more stress to the students. I also found this section extremely applicable as I have found myself in similar situations. 

Know the policies and procedures, follow the syllabus 

Inclusionary Dimension--Am I in or am I out? There is a constant gravitational pull for people to feel left out. 

I learned to not get defensive with students. Listen to the students, then react. It is best to set clear expectations early so they know what to expect. I learned that silent students work best in small groups. I was a silent student and I wished I was put in smaller groups more to help with my insecurity of being wrong. I also learned it is best to have multiple exams rather than one big final to help with student's test anxiety.

To facilitate learning with the students.

I learned a lot from the section of the course, it covered some difficult topics but provided us with some great ideas how we can do things differently and improve our dealing with certain students.

Sign In to comment