Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Students tend to loose focus, maybe around mid-term.  It is important to recapture their energy. 

I have learned how to be able to re-energize and refocus when things get a little "slow" or when I feel I may be losing my student's attention. I have learned about learnativity. 

Ways to be effectively engauging and participation generating techniques were discussed. REFOCUS is a way to regain the students focus and participation and attention midway through the course.

I must factor in the emotional component of learning.   I also must concentrate on the material and the syllabus and evaluate if I'm on time with the material.

By including personal stories into the discussions it makes the content real. Life experiences are building blocks that can be used in education, 

The Crisis Game is a greay way to tie in content and stimulate critical thinking.

Building the rapport means we also care for our students.

I really loved the acronym REFOCUS in this module.  The idea of unburdening was especially interesting to me, especially through the lens of potential burnout in both teachers and students.  I also loved the idea of a Crisis Game as a critical thinking and practical application of learning activity.

I knew that active participation would help students acquire new information and skills (changing a novice student into an expert). I did not know the word" learnativity" but I understand it now. I also an aware that different students excell in different teaching styles. Some do better with tactile and others with cognitive style. Ofcourse the two  styles would enhance learning.I know that being excited about a subject would help students and that mid course evaluations assist in regrouping and assists students in passing. i always love telling a story to enhance the learning experience.

There's an ebb and flow to the classroom.  The same approach doesn't always yeild the same results, even with the same students.  When learning dips, take the time to refocus.

I think it is important to include differentiation in all classrooms, no matter if learning disabilities are present or not.  All students learn in different ways and differentiation allows them to choose which way is best.

Dana Redmond

This section talked about how it is important to the learning experience to remain enthusiastic about why you are there. Following the REFOCUS acronym is helpful. Again, allowing for the personal experience to enter the class room.

Adding variety and midterm reevaluating

I think the educators ms\ust bring the real life expereinces to share with the students to motive enthisisistic learning. Teachers should have good qualities such as respecting the role of the management and preparation for the class is crucial.

This section talks about how keeping and maintaining students enthusiastic about learning. It is a great idea of having a surprise learning activity for the students. They will understand that every part of what they are learning can be challenged and applied to their personal experiences.

As an instructor, I need to remotivate myself and create new ways to connect subjects to students real-life experinces.

This lesson was a great reminder of the importance of constantly engaging with your students.  It was really interesting to find out that the attention span of most students is between 10-15 minutes. I definitely have some ideas now from this module, that will help keep student engagement at a great level. 

Adding variety is great.  The students shouldn't expect the same lesson structures every day.

To give a mid term and to change ways of teaching.

I have learned the importance when telling a story to consider the following aspects; purpose, practice, and priority.

Sign In to comment