Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is imperative to demonstrate clarity and showing enthusiasm.  

Delevoping rapport with students is not optional, its an essential part of high-quality, effective learning.

i liked the section on student rention. emotional slumps increase drop out rates, therefore teachers need to empower and remind the students why they're in the class and let the students remeber their end goal. 

This module helped me to understand the importance of motivation and enthusiasm and how it applies to learning for adults.

This section has great information on how to engage students in the learning process.

That instrcutor's do not have to know everything. Instead we need to realize that we are the facilitator between the material and the students. 

Something that continues to stand out is keeping the educational environment engaging.  Dont' get hung up on long lectures.  Brain gets distracted after 10-15 minutes.  Story telling, when used correctly is also a good techinique in the learning process. 

Differential instruction and using personal experience is a good idea

Life experience stories are excellent ways to keep students engaged and help them connect the information they are learning with a great way to have a visual mental reminder through the story. 

REFOCUS is and important tool

Understanding the importance or cognitive and kinesthetic teaching strategies is key to achieving student learning. One must take into account the emotional context of the learner to be able to apply the principles of learnativity. Moreover, building rapport, engaging students in class discussions, refocusing one's energy, checking for progress at various stages in the course, and combining fun activities, such as anecdotal addenda, will enhance both the enjoyment and retention quotient for students and effectiveness of the instructor.

In this module I learned a lot more about what motivates students, and how to bring the entire class together in active learning.  This has been very helpful. 

its important to unburden ourselves as instuctors by avoiding unrealistic expectations

i like the refocus tool i will be sure to try this , also i find it important to talk about the career that they have choosen and to talk about my experiances i think it gives some insight as to what things will be like for them 

I love the idea of introducing the Crisis Game.  It is a great idea that will help students with content and problem solving and it is a very versatile game that can be used for a large variety of topics.

Liked this section.  Sharing pesonal experiences or hearing about the students experiences help keep them engaged

This really hit home on the reason for becoming an educator.  Knowing your passion and passing that on to your students.  

In this section I learned methods to teach more effectively and to make lessons more interesting to keep the students engaged. 

The REFOCUS strategy was very helpful as energy is drained as the semester wears on. Learning fatigue sets in and students who aren't doing well are wondering if they will even pass the course, which fills them with fear. By anticipating the mid-semester slump, instructors can be proactive with their planning and teaching methods.

Building rapport with students and managing participation is great to keep the students focus

Sign In to comment