Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The use of various methods to reach all students in classroom ensuring equal comprehensation by all. I plan to use all that I've learned today to make me a better presentor of information

Using differrent styles to reach 100% of student body. 

It is best to develop and use a learning style assessment prior to teaching the class. This will aid in determiing what delivery method of instruction should be used.

I was aware that not all students process and learn information the same way, so now I have a task of implementing these different learning styles into the classroom setting. I do feel that in my classroom setting that I am taking this into consideration, but I still need to work on it!

importance of understanding and identifying each indivuduals learning styles and effective teaching techniques tailored to those styles of learning.

This module was a good overview about learning styles and the importance of using a variety of methods.

I would like to use a learning style assessment on the first day of class so I can learn what types of students I have. 

It is important to not only know the individual learning styles of the students, but also to be aware of my own style of learning, because it is through my own style that I will tend to teach from. Makes sense. Had never thought of that. It is important to incorporate all 4 learning styles into the classroom and to alwasy be aware of those who are struggling with the delivery.

I think its a great idea to do a Learning Styles Assessment to find out your students learning style.

Just as students have different learning styles instructors have different teaching styles. We need to pay attention that they work together. 

Understanding that students learn in different ways, and provding different methods to teach the content. Also, asking the cohort to get an idea of which method works best, to see what the main focus will be.

I was aware of learning styles and have studied these styles in my Master's program. A detailed assessment needs to be done on each student before any interventions of teaching are utilized.I believe all styles should be used so each student can learn the material in his or her way.

Learners are affected by the following tendencies and preferences:

• Environmental
  • Emotional
  • Sociological
  • Physical

The idea to survey students before a class, or on the first day, is a good one that can have application on where you seat members of the class. Putting auditory next to written and between kinesthetic learners mixes and provides variety. Also, conducting group work appeals to an adult learning model that is student-centered and mixing in learning styles gets the most bang for the buck. This is a big take away for me that I will implemment into my course of instruction. 

Knowing the different learning styles will help me prepare course material and projects to meet those needs.

I have been involved in adult ed for a long time now, but have never heard the concept of kinesthetic learning style. When it was described, I could see this in myself and several others whom I have taught.

taking into account different learning styles of the students will ensure that everyone is gaining maximum knowledge needed to become proficient with the subject matter.  

Focus and try to learn alll the different learning styles in your class to apply those in the activities.

The importance of taking a comprehensive approach to student learning, by engaging them across all learning styles, ensuring both effective transfer of knowledge and exercising students in styles they may be less comfortable employing.

I think it helps as an instructor to realize and understand that there are several learning styles.  You can maximize the impact of what you're teaching by taking the time to know what type of learners you have in the audience.

Sign In to comment