Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to be prepared as much as possible.  This shows students you are invested in your role and their success

I have earned is it essential to maintain a checklist while covering material during lesson to ensure nothing is missed

Setting the tone, proper documentation, and being prepared. Leading by example.

Spend a few mintues before class, to make sure you can deliever 100%. Not to waste time thinking or looking for a marker. 

This was a great review of what to do for prepratation.  Components of instrucition offering and goal setting were good to review. The instructional objectives with 4 components was helpful.  Also, to think about what the students want to know about and of me - good idea. 

it is important to make course outline and have structure in place, making sure the class enviornment is conducive to learning.

It is important to make sure that the enviornment is comfortable for learning

Clear and specific instructional objectives are necessary. I plan to improve how I write my instructional objectives to include the 4 components: audience, behavior, condition, and degree.

Be the first to arrive & greet students as they enter.

THis module has helped me reevaluate how to present the course in a more organized and systematic manner.

It is important to be as prepared as possible and never to keep learning.

I enjoyed this module. again as a new instructor I feel I need all the tips I can get to help me with the planning and structure of my class and how to be successful. Many of these ideas will hopefully help me do just that. I like to prepare and organize and it states just how important that can be especially when just starting out. 

It  is way unstressful with being prepared and organized before the beginning of the semester where all whole curriculum, syllabus and schedule of skills lab and clinicals are already well planned and coordinated. 

It is not a bad idea to come to class as early as 30 minutes before time to get comfortable Syllabus is very important and if you are to write one, I now understand all that needs to be included in it.

Preparation is important whether you're a novice instructor or experienced one. Having a checklist for reminders, notepad to jot down needs, and arriving early in class are all ways to keep you prepared for giving a good course to the students. You also have to realize what the students will be expecting from you.

It is important to get to know your students as each student will have a different personality and the instructor will need to adapter to the student in order effectively communicate the lesson.

I like the checklist part. It keeps you on track and brings you back to the real things you want to discuss without deviatiing.

solid objectives and goals are key to helping everyone on task.

For class, have a checklist handy to keep yourself organized and make sure you do not forget anything pertinent for that day's lesson. Also arrive early to mingle with the students before class begins. This helps you get to know them on a more personal level.

A syllabus need to contain all information that will inform the student what he or she will need to be sucessful in you course. It also gives the student institutional materials and resources that the student can use in the event assistance with certain course content is needed.

Sign In to comment