Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

that planning and preparation are key when being an instructor.

Wow this takes me back to classe I have had at the University of Central Florida, GO Knights.  It's all about classroom management

Being ready for the class and having a clear picture/outline of where I am going as an instructor every class was good info as a first time instructor especially. 

Goal-Setting is very importmant so you will have an idea how you want your class to be successful. Developing a clear syllabus outline for your class helps to be navigate your class and help to answer their questions and that they will better understand the expectations of the class. 

Being early, preparing early, knowing your audience helps set the direction your class will take. Especially being prepared. This is something I struggle to do. It feels like I'm always rushing to get things done at the last minute. 

being prepared for class-having a checklist to ensure all is covered 

I had never thought of using a checklist to make sure I covered certain topics. Definately a strategy I will try. 

Make objectives and expatications clear

I learned that it's okay to make mistakes. But it's good to plan ahead. 

Plan well and implement it. Add current teaching to the syllabus whenever possible.

Keeping a check list as an instructor helps you know which items have been completed and those that needs to be talked about

Early preparation enables educators to have a sense of easy transfer of knowledge to learners.  Implementing steps, specifically following the syllabus to engage learning development and developing a checklist to stay on task, can alleviate tension from both the educator and students, thus making the learning experience pleasant and less daunting.  

Be prepared and make a list on what to discuss. 

Provide detailed informationt to students: what will be covered, purpose of the course, assignments, tests, grading system, textbooks, resource materials, attendance, late work and makeup.

Effective teaching requires you to be early, prepared, and plan out your time

Its is important to be prepared before your class arrives.  Clear objectives are crucial. 

Proper preparation helps to keep the learning process flowing smoothly. 

Good lesson plans are a must

It is very important to keep a notepad or sticky notes on the computer. It ensures I am able to follow up with students needs. Also planning and creating a checklist provides a smoother class experience.

I am appreciative for the review and indepth description of all the areas of preparation and planning. I am appreciative of having a review point for all of this. I wish there was a way for me to down load this vital info as a packet versus having to download each page.  I too am a fan of the Syllabus and the guidlines that are set by reviewing it. I also love to have a note book or a white board handy at all time to write down things that come to me during class. It is very easy to address things as the come up with individuals but it is also great to address learning opportunities to the whole class at the end as a review. This way info is spread among all of the students instead of just that one person

As well as knowing the material, it is important to be a real person that shows empathy, excitement and engagement.  Remove the fear.  Foster the environment for learning.

Sign In to comment