Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I just wanted to comment on how much I enjoy the videos included. They are very helpful and give a quick example of what the models are teaching us. I learned the syllabus should convey a sense of excitement about the course. I feel this is extremely important. I believe this is an element that can be easily forgotten when creating a syllabus. 

This section seem to be comprehensive regarding classroom preparation and management.  Setting instruction up for success by being prepared.  Seems like a simple comncept and easily remembered.  

A Class Syllabus should be correct and clear.  This is the so important to students and creates credibility for the instructor.

It is important to put emphasis on the purpose of syllabus. Also, make a checklist on first day of teaching students.

Strong syllabus, make a checklist of critical instructional items so that you don't miss anything, greet your students as they come into class

This module shows just how important prior preparation for any class or lecture can be. For both the instructor to keep them focused on the subject matter to be presented but also for the students because they would be recieving a well scripted lesson plan that day that would keep them engaged and help them understand the content of the materials.

As a new instructor this module gave me so many great ideas. The best tip was to work backwards from the assessment to make sure you are covering all of the important informationan.

Come in early and spend time mingling with students. Get to know them.

The syllabus is a contract and operating manual for the course. 

I like the idea of getting there a half hour early, particularly with my target audience.  I will only have a week with them.  Great way to make opportunity for relationship, questions, networking, etc

All students have basic human needs of comfort, security and acceptance.

Always be prepared, make a check list

Using a checklist to help an instructor to stay on task and organized.

Prior preparation prevents poor performance.

There are several instructional componets, that can make your teaching experience and your students learning experience very gradifying.

Currucula, course , outline,, lesson plan, goal, objectives, resources, syllabus, assessments are all important for teaching and learning.

Make sure the the goals are student directed and student driven.

Early panning is the key to successfull teaching and learning.

Checklist helps organnization

Class preparation

Have a notepad to write down notes or follow ups for particular students.

I've learned to welcome the students by making the classroom comfortable and inviting and getting to know them.  To lay out all the course objectives using components A through D as a guide, have a detailed, and easy-to-understand syllabus, setting goals, and relating them to the objectives set.

Have a checklist, get to know your students, have a plan

post it notes and note pads - my best friends! 

Sign In to comment