Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The importance of knowing the goals, and objectives at the very beginning of your class start!

Planning facilitates preparation and sharing knowledge that is required

Lightbulb moments happen when planning and preperation provide clear objectives for students to find breakthrough on the open road. 

Give a thorough outline of what to expect in the class and of the class as a whole

I found the idea of a checklist important. This strategy seems like it would be an effective tool to help both teachers and students to stay on track. 

Important part of teaching, get to know your students.

Being prepared will be one of the most important things to keep you alligned along with your classroom setting alligned. Stick to your your plan and put that plan to paper.

Learning how to create an objective really stood out to me. Being more specific allows for students to truly understand what they need to accomplish and how they will be assessed in regards to it. 

Fail to plan means to plan to fail. Setting goals and being organized leads to better teaching perfomance and enhances student learning. Students expect professors to be prepared and knowledgable.

You should get to know your students, engage and be prepared.

Make sure students and yourself are prepared for the class and what to expect. 

GOALS:

• Audience
  • Behavior
  • Condition
  • Degree

Have everything organized before class

PREPARE PREPARE PREPARE! Being prepared and on track. I love the idea of the checklist, I use this in my life and at work. A great and simple tool to maintain time managment as well. 

I'd like to work on a more comprehensive course outline and a syllabus, one that is molded around the objects we'd like the students to achieve.

Organized and prepared. You also need to understand the material that will be taught. 

I like the check list idea. In this way I am sure I have covered all the topics I set out to cover. From experience I can give to much information on a topic. But with a plan it helps you to be on track.

To be successful in any instructional course you have to prep. I've experienced a horrible instructional day because I was not prepared. I was a Sub for an instructor and I hadn't been instructing for months. It was a last-minute call so I had no time to prep. I felt like I was wasting everyone's time. I took the opportunity to get to know the needs of the students. The students didn't know I wasn't prepared but trying to keep my wits about myself was exhausting.

The ABCD of instruction and the importance of keeping a checklist and/or notepad.

I created a course map for one of my classes last year (I was hired right before the semseter began and didn't have time to make a detailed plan for every course) using the ABCD approach, and I loved it. It helped me develop lessons, lecture, assignments, assessments, and discussions. I think that was the most fleshed out course I had and the energy and pace of the course confirmed that more planning beforehand = better success throughout the semester. I want to make detailed course maps for all of my classes over the summer in preparation for Fall 2022. 

Sign In to comment