Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that it is encouraged to use a checklist and I am not OCD because I love to use them.

As an instructor it is important to be prepared before class, plan how you will execute the topic you will speak about to the students. I feel if the instructor is prepared this makes for a better learning experience for the student.

The importance of having everything prepared and ready ahead of time. This will allow you to take care of last-minute unexpected issues.

Having a preparted syllabus for students can answer so many questions for them. 

It is important to have a clear outline for the course for yourself as well as for your class.  

I liked the breakdown of syllabus requirements. When viewed as a contract between instructor and learner, the value increases exponentially. 

Course objectives should be detailed and specific.

This module informs instructors on the importance of planning and preparation to set yourself and your students up for success. I will start to look and learn for any and all opportunities to develop and improve these skills through colleagues and institutional resources and materials.

Arrive early, be prepared, have your lesson plan, review the objectives of the class.  And always have in mind the ABCD of instruction

a detailed outline of what is expected, what will be learned, and how to gauge what was learned is beneficial to the teacher and students. 

"The learning environment sets the tone for how the students perceive you and the course you teach. A comfortable and inviting classroom/laboratory sets the tone for the students as they start the class." I felt this statement best describes the importance of having a well-outlined course with clear and obtainable objectives. The perception of each student is created differently. Ensuring that each student perceives the course as you intended is essential. 

being prepared keeps everyone accountable. 

Be sure all objectives and expectations are outlined in the course blueprint, including resources and references to maximize studen engagement and learning. 

Ensure the learning environment is inviting. The students will learn based on the environment and my personality. 

Being prepared, going over what you'll teach the night before, having everything you need prior to class start time.

Proper planning and preparation gives the students expectations and they know exactly what to expect and what classes will be going over so it’s super important to be prepared and on time and all the times

Course preparation is integral to student learning. It gives students and the instructor a clear picture of course objectives, student learning outcomes, logical progression of content, and insight into application.   

I’ve learned that it’s important to be prepared and organized to maximize student outcomes.

I learned that the syllabi is more than just outlining what a course will present to the students and what the students should expect to get from the course.  The syllabi also sets standards for student behavior by how professional it is presented, and reinforces what is expected of the student passively.

I have learned that having a checklist is an essential part of preparation for the first day of class to ensure all critical materials are covered.

Sign In to comment