Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

At the moment, I am covering all different classes, different terms of students (different skill levels), different clinical sites. Learning their names is near impossible, but I feel it's important, so they feel important, so I keep trying.

A-Audience. Who are the targeted individuals? You need to have a clear understanding of the entrance knowledge and skills your students possess upon entering your course.
B-Behavior. What is it you want the students to do? What is the balance between knowledge and skill development that is required?
C-Condition. What are the rules for their performance? Will they work in the lab, out in the field, with notes, references, or will all work be done through memory?
D-Degree. What is the level of proficiency required? Will a 70 percent skill level work for your course or does the field require 100 percent proficiency?

Proper preparation will set the tone for your class. It's important to invest time in getting to know your students before class begins and throughout the course.

Be very specific and deliberate when creating the Instructional Objectives. Same in regards to the course Syllabus, which should be very detailed and should be given to peers or supervisors for editing, corrections or additions. Finally, use a daily checklist to help yourself feel prepared and avoid missing anything (also, a unique-to-the-day checklist will help you stay on task and hit the points you intend to cover). Take notes if a student needs you to follow up on something, so you don't forget.

Coming to class prepared can be the difference between being successful and failing. The use of check list can help to keep you on task and can be used to remind yourself of to do items. 

The importance of curriculum writing and planning prior to instruction is something I learned in this module

Being newer to teaching, it is helpful to have a checklist with adequate preparation and refer back to the syllabus as that is a contract between the instructor and student 

Setting the tone is an essential component to teaching. I plan to utilize the skill daily 

I have to say preparing in advance along with organization and a backup plan keeps my head from spinning which is a great example for my students. 

Accountability, objectives, and preparation. 

the importance of planning ahead and being prepared

Students like someone who is prepared.

PREPARE! Have writing utensil handy for notes/ checklists.  Get to know your class group... ease the nervous shows you care. 

Preparation equals success.  A prepared instructor is a confident instructor who has the ability to meet the students' needs and expectations because he or she is not second-guessing himself or herself.

I like the idea of having a checklist as to not forget anything important in class.

2 way learning is the best practice for engagement and the syllabus helps the student understand expectations and outcomes.

Planning and Preparation are critical if one travels to different locations to teach. One will live and die by the checklist. 

A syllabus is an important document for students to know what to expect from the course.

This module taught me the importance of preparation and how the lack of it can adversely affect the outcome of the course outline and objectives.

A syllabus is like a contract between the instructor and students- be as specific as possible with details so the contract/syllabus can be referenced at any time if need be for clarification throughout the term. 

Prepare, prepare, prepare!  Create and use checklists, have a detailed syllabus. 

Sign In to comment