Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have better grasp the importance of developing a know how teaching method. Having something as simple as a sheet of paper with notes in hand will guide you to a better and more structure class.  

I learned preparation is key, practice leads you closer to where you want your class to be as far as structure, teaching and learning all around. putting this steps in practice from start to finish will lead me to becoming a better Teacher/Instructor everyday for the students. 

From this module, I've learned how important it is to plan well before teaching a class. I'll use what I've learned by making sure I'm ready for each class with clear goals and materials.

The importance of being prepared as an instructor has a huge impact on the success of your students.

Its best to prepare the students and notify of what is expected of them. This allows the student to put forth their maximum effort and pass the course.

How important a syllabus is because it sets the climate for the class.  It should include things like class policies and assignments.  

It is a way to organize the class and should include relevant information about the course.

As a teacher you must carefully develop a well rounded curriculum that contains: objectives, goals, curriculum, and a syllabus. 

It makes easier to plan ahead of the class. I try to have planned approximate time I will spend on each objectives and time students need to spend on group assignments. 

Why the information in a syllabus is important to the student, what it contains, and how it serves as a contract between the instructor and the students. Steps to being prepared and early planning include keeping a notepad to keep up with things that require attention later so you can focus on the students and course teaching.

Proper preparation will make your presentation go much smoother and will help you deal with the unexpected.

A syllabus can be useful in planning every aspect of your instruction. Update it often.

Learning about course objectives and syllabus development.

Be prepared, keep notebook handy and always have a check list to stay on track

Comment on James Parker's post:

Traffic since to always be a problem in the city I teach. However, the students never seen to prepare for this situation everyday.  I totally agree that the student must be accountable.  

Be prepared and ready, don't wait until the last minute. Also, it's good to write down things that you agreed to do for the student.

Checklists can be an important tool to keep the instructor on track and to give the students an accurate plan with expectations.

Be prepared by following a check list. Be early in your classroom and greet each student with a smile.

Have a checklist and be early in your classroom to think about the first day of the class, and how to make it more interesting for the students.

Make sure you follow a check list.

Sign In to comment