Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be an example of not only my field but also as a professional

It is important to be professional, know your teaching style, and have a fluid professional developmental plan to ensure success as an instructor. 

Failure to prepare is preparing to fail!

Lead and learn

Leading by example is a teaching tool

Technical, Professional and Personal skills are necessary to be successful in the classroom.

Lead by example, motivate, be kind, keep learning and teaching, and be yourself 

Learning is the most important thing happening in the classroom. Instructors must continually develop methods for efficient instruction. 

Being an educator is more than just teaching facts and skills.  The opportunity to be a model and motivator is something that should not be overlooked or undervalued.

Learning is not just for the students. As an instructor, you must continue to keep educating yourself and improving teaching style and techniques through professional development and feedback from other more experienced instructors.

Being a leader means that you must constantly be developing on your own end in order to lead effectively and teach effectively! 

You may not be the smartest person in the room, but it is great to be an enthusiastic proponent of your subject and your students

Lead by example, be kind and hoenst. As a instructor you are always learning yourself 

What I obtained from this lesson is to take time to prepare and not think I am the smarest in the room.   Because guess what we never stop learning and I am sure will learn something new from my students every day.  

Teaching goes well beyond simply technical knowledge. It also includes a great deal of personality and reflection about one's methods. It is about constant improvement. 

This course educated me on the technical and professional aspect of teaching. As professionals, we need to set the example and the tone that we want our students to emulate. This includes, but its not limited to the way we dress, speak, and carry ourselves. From a technical perspective, being able to properly plan and execute lessons is critical to ensure effective delivery of the content. 

Modeling allows students to see the expectations of what is being taught. 

Always be professional and dress the part. Take time to put together a study guide based on what your teaching. Keep a professiona attitude and come prepared.

Students will feel your enthusiasm for your topic, or not, and that can help them become engaged and excited to learn. 

Lead by example. Always be professional.

Sign In to comment