Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Comment on Michelle DeJong's post

I totally agree with you. Lead by example and engage the students. 

I've learned about the many jobs teachers do, what skills they need to be good at their job, and why planning is so important. I plan to get better at talking to students, try out new ways of teaching, and spend more time getting ready for class. I also understand now how important the first class is, so I'll work on making it friendly and organized. Lastly, I'll try different ways of teaching to make sure all students can learn well.

Maintain a professional environment

Be a good model, lead by example, and make conscious efforts to improve your own education. 

It is important to motivate students and help them see the progress they are making in their careers.  Once they acquire new knowledge they should (if possible) apply the new skill right away.  

Everyone has a different style of teaching. Do what is best for your classroom dynamic. Always be professional!

Be a positive leader, listen to students and be professional 

I will model professionalism with my students and ensure that they see the behaviors I expect of them modeled in my own actions. 

While maintaining professionalism, of course, it is still important to "be you!" Let your personality shine through in your teaching in a way that engages students, warms the classroom, and makes the content less dry!

It is important as a successful structure to always keep learning yourself!

Lead by example, always be professional.

Do not act like you are the smartest person in the room and show your students why you love the subject! Be credible, candid, compassionate, committed, and clear! 

As an instructor, I have to learn the different roles I need to play in the classroom. Being professional at all times is crucial. Motivate students by showing them I love the subject matter and I love teaching them.

The 3 'M's of model, mange, and motivate through professionalism.

Always be the model

It's imperative how we address and appear to our students. The most important point is never to forget that we were once students and the impression we had about our teachers. Be that instructor that made a good impression and impact on the student's life.

I enjoyed the Harvard videos. My biggest take away is that perception is reality so if the facilitator/instructor is giving signals that they are disinterested or underprepared then the students will pick up on that and mirror it. Buy-in from the students is necessary so we can assist with that by being on time, invested, put together, and having a plan already in place prior to the class start time.

As the instructor, you set the tone for the students and should lead by example.

lead by example have a professional attitude and model, manage, motivate. Ask yourself what you would think of the instructor if you were the student.

What I learned from the module is to be organized and prepared. Be knowledgeable and understand the material or content being provided to the students.

Sign In to comment