Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Professional developement is an ongoing process that will never stop. Advances in your field or technology will always require you to keep current, learn new skills and applications and continue to grow. 

Hi everyone,

thanks for the key points. I have also learned model, manage and motivate. Also lerned that we have to keep improving out instructional skills by training courses.

Don't show the students how smart you are, show them how much you love what you are teaching.

Lead by example, develop excellent communication skills, and always make room for professional development.

Really investing in professional development plan is important. Professional growth should be a priority. 

Do you presume you are the smartest person in the room because you are the teacher, there may be students who may know more than you. Stay focus and professional, not their friend but their mentor. 

The importance of being the best role model that I can be for them to follow.  That I must make the class interesting even when the material is not, in order to help them get interested in learning.

Personal competence is the ability to project one's personality into the instructional setting to facilitate maximum learning opportunities. This overall competency area includes your intellectual abilities, interpersonal skills, creativity, and attitude.

To stay motivated and to motivate the students

*Set an example

*Find MY teaching style

*Have a good understanding of the material being taught

*Share experiences (good and bad)

Instructing by examle is a critical, in developing the needed trust with your students.  Also having a plan to continue your professional growth also aids you in your conveying course content.

Engage! Teach as you want to be taught. Take time to learn the students learing needs, be positive, encourage and start the shift prepared and energetic. 

This is going to be fun.

Formulate instruction based on your style, assessment of the material, the environment, the class, and in line with the institution. Highest importance is student learning, not instruction.

Be enthusiastic, model, teach by example, show your love of the profession and the topic you are teaching. Use your peers for ideas and different teaching strategies. Always remember there is more to learn as an instructor. Motivate your students 

lead by example. role model and educate

Model professionalism in your field.  Ask other instructors for support and guidance.  

I have learned that a combination of being a role model, motivator, and manager are all key components of successful and integrative instruction. This will keep students engaged and motivated to be interested in their fields of study.

As excited as i am to teach, the focus needs to be on the learner.

The motivator section was what I learned the most from. I try to keep my students motivated, but I liked they included the bit about sensitivity to the flow of the class as a whole. Its easy to focus on individual movtivation or collective motivation, but a balancing act to do both!

Sign In to comment