Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

We  have to set example to our students

I learned that as a teacher you should never act as you know more than the students. There will always be a smarter person in the classroom that can be smarter than you. Show the students that you love what you are teaching. Always show enthusiasim in teaching your subject, in this form the students will be more interested in listening and learning. 

I would like to show the students that we are all learning more about a subject together and not seperate. I would like for the students to show me new ideas and their thinking process. As a teacher I can teach but there is always new ways of explaining and teaching techniques that as a teacher the students teach you. 

I found that organizing and correctly modelling the differnt roles thre instructor has to model is very important to the communication of the the curriculum to students.

The Five C's: Credible, Candid, Compassionate, Committed and Clear!

Create a Professional Development Plan, to improve and expand your teaching technique

Create a Professional Development Plan, to improve and expand your teaching technique

Lead by example

Teacher is an educator, not a pal. A teacher can be a friend and need to always maintain professionlism. Always "sharpen the saw" and stay current in your field and enhance the effective teaching strategies by learning from mistakes. I also take away "proper prior planning prevents poor performance."

A teacher need to be a role model and stay professional at all times. It is important to learn from mistakes and not dwell on it. I also learned that "proper prior planning prevents poor performance."

I have learned that I must access each students learning style and also make sure to engage students in learning. 

One is never too old to set goals and achieve those goals.  How one taught 5 yrs ago isnt necessarily 

the most effective way to have students learn.  Must be willing to change anf grow.

In this section I learned that as an instructor you should play to your strengths and continue to work on areas that you need to improve upon.

Remember it is not about your teaching but the students' learning.

I feel there are many aspects that have been discussed.  Mostly, students must learn not only their hard (techincal) skills but als the spft skills.  Instructors should show daily the different aspect of professionalism.  Students must learn by example.

Teaching can be fun, learn how to make it enjoyable which will keep your students interested in learning. Encourage your students, be the cheerleader they need and celebrate their achievements. Keep the classroom engaged and in order, have rules that are there for every student, while at the same time listen and be there for them. We all can learn something from someone, we just need to listen. 

Acting as a friend and role model, but not a pal to the students, and leading by example!

Lead by example.  The six components of Model were most helpful so far.

You are always learning ways to improve your teaching skills. Utilize your colleagues for input!

Being a instructor is being able to be adaptable, finding the best solutions for certain circumstances for each individual group of students. It is about being able to learn and teach in new and exciting environments. 

learned I have a lot to learn. learned im doing alot correctly and take advantage of resources availble to me.

Sign In to comment