Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I've learned that I need to  encourage my students, make sure I build and gain their trust. There are different types of stundents and you have to be fluid in your learning theory to capture each students attention. I've also learned that if I want to be a great instuctor I should be humble visit other classes, ask for help with my teaching styles, focus on professional developement and have a plan on how to learn new information and techniques.

Lead by example in the classroom & never assume you are the msot qualified because you have the most experience. 

Utilize various learning strategies and be adaptable. 

Expand on my own experiences to help others learn. 

This module; developing as an Instructor met all the stated objectives. The roles instructors play, as a role model, a motivator, and a manager.  I need to be aware of where to draw the line  to keep the student-instructor relationship.  I have rental property and have learned to Never become "friends" with your tenants.  The competencies for instructor success technical & professional make sense.  Instructional styles and when to use them appropriately are key to student learning. Form & maintain a professional image is part of role modeling.  Creating a professional development plan will align you to be an excellent instructor. I plan to join a professional organization and attend seminars (Covid pandemic pending).

It's critical that the development of an instructor takes time, dedication, understanding students' learning styles, being genuine, and investing in professional development opportunities as much as possible.  

Instructors must ready to adapt their teaching style to best fit the needs of the students and to deliver the content in the most effective way possible. 

Having a teaching style that is effective is helpful but it takes competencies along with style to be able to truly benefit your students. utilizing the "five Cs" and being a model, manager, and motivator will help me in the role I am undertaking.

Focus on your specifc areas for professional development and never stop learning.

Lead is to have intergity 

Finding a balance with all the roles that come with instructing is going to be fun, Judge and Jury along with finding a reasonable way to discipline. Most importantly how to console and motivate without becoming too close.

the 5-C and how to lead

Students always know if you really care about them and their learning. The 5 Cs help students feel safe and ready to learn and empower instructors to share their authentic selves and enjoy the teaching/learning process.

Arrive early.  Be enthusiastic about the subject.  Be prepared for class.  Dress nicely.  Address and greet students by name with a smile.  Also, true in my  town, especially, be the role model as many have never had a professional role model before!!  

Credible, Candid, Compassionate, Committed and Clear are major ways to be a good leader/instructor in the classroom - understanding also that there are always more in-services to attend to better yourself is a great way to stay current and continually learn new techniques.

It's not about what I know but how I motivate.

James Sesay

The Instructor conveys knowledge to the students but that should not make you to think that you are the  smartest  person in the class room. As an Instructor, you are expected to maintain and lead a professional life at all times.

As an educator leading is important. A leader must be confident and resilient to shape learners to their goals.

The 5 Cs in the classroom will be part of  learning and retaining the information.

The 5 Cs are a great role model for us to follow as educators . We should self reflex offten to get a better insight into ourselves.

That reflexation will better as role models and humanbeings.

I believe in the gentle approach to teaching with firm standards.

Sign In to comment