Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Model behavior to be emulated by students.

Be passionate about what you are teaching, make it interesting and always be professional

Find your students strengths and life experiences and use that information to motivate and educate

Reflection. Make room for relfection in the classroom to help improve the intruction, the expereince of the student, and yourself. 

Be prepared and be excited about the topic! Be professional. Be a model.

Full flesh out Professional Development Plan and carry it out

The single most important thing to surmize from this lesson is to lead by example.

Covince your students you love the subject and them... Technical , perfessional, personal

Students will care more about your demonstrated enthusiasm (prepared and ready to go at beginning of class, getting right into content) than about your credentials or your friendliness.

Dress the part. be a friend, not a pal. Stay current and up to date with your knowledge. Remember, there is always someone smarter than you...

Lead by example, be a great role model.  Students are always watching us and want to be us, therefor practice and deliver the 5-Cs be credible, candid, be compassionate, committed and be clear to get a productive students.

Make time for professional delvelopment and become an expert in my field

be a good role model, led by example, keep learning, create a professional develpment plan

Be a leader and mentor.  

Excellent points made and the small lecture videos helped.

Learn from previous mistakes from instructors I've had in the past. Try to be a role model but not a pal to students. 

I specifically have 2 very important take aways from the lesson.

1) The 5 "C's": Credible, Candid, Compassionate, Committed and Clear are a must in being a successful instructor. 

2) The 3 compitencies: Tehcnical, Professional and Personal ensures that you are on the right path.

Probably the most important aspect is to be YOU. I have seen and tried to emulate many great teachers, but I didn't feel truly comfortable in my role as a teacher until I found my own "groove", inspired by those other teachers.

I also like the part about not trying to prove how smart you are....I like to go by the saying "If you are the smartest one in the room, you are in the wrong room!". :)

During this class I have learned so far to be confident in myself, be honest with the students and dont come in acting like i know everything.

This is going to be a continual growth for me and learning every day. 

Lead by example. and participation in professional literature help expand your personal competance

Sign In to comment