Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

managing the classroom is the difficult one for me or more specifically a lab class.  I know I need to work on this one. often times My assignment in the lab run short; to long; or unexpected problems make it a disaster. My goal is to have a good plan well ahead of class time and more than one plan but several due to unexpected problems and the unknown that never fails to happen in the lab.   

Managing the classroom more spicificly the lab. maximizing the time we have.

By setting the bar high for yourself, you are setting the bar high for your students. A blend of personality. soft skills and always being profesional will go a long way with your students. Also, we need to seek advice to help us as instructors to develop our own Professional Development plan, never stop learning! Lead by example!

Model, Manager, Motivate.  

Importance of Professional Development.

Keeping up with your competencies.

How to engage and develop healthy teaching relatonships 

It reinforced how important it is to build rapport with students and have a professional development plan! 

The module reinforced the importance of building rapport with students and having a professional development plan. 

Teaching in class is unpredictable. 

Experience is a good Teacher.

I'm always afraid of appearing unprofessional, but I feel reassured now that I am actually setting the example of how to dress when working with certain equipment. If it's dangerous to wear too many layers, have my hair down, or have too loose clothing when working, then I am showing my students that it's okay to dress that way in the production environment.

Remember that learning is the most important part of teaching! 

The equipment, classroom, and supplies must all be secured and laid out for the students. Course content will have been selected and the method of delivery planned out. Timelines and assessment points will have been determined.

Lead by example, be a role model for your students. Always try to improve on your teaching.

be a model to ypur students and be profesional

Getting the students excited to learn, by you being excited about what you are teaching. This increases their engagement and interactivity. Additionally having a professional developement plan for yourself and your career.

The 5 C's was the part that stuck with me the most.

Also presenting yourself as "human" to the students, I understood this from experience clinically. We must not forget to be human and  become robotic. 

As teachers we are teaching the information but we need to be open to learning ourselves. Being able to adapt and learn new information or teaching styles is a must

• Show students how far they've come in reaching their career goals
  • Have students apply what they've learned as soon as possible (boosts motivation)
  • Stay humble- your goal is not to prove that you're the smartest in the room

My biggest take away was from this model was Do not try to show your class how smart you are, Convincing students tha youlove your subject. 

It is important to establish a rapport with my students, be credible, show a passion for teaching, and to ensure that I am not trying to outsmart them.  They must know that I am there to assist them developing fundamental skills for the nursing profession.

Sign In to comment