Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Thought it was a great statistic: Student will retain 60 to 80 percent of new material if they get to use at lease 2 of their senses in the learning process.  I will reflect on my lessons with this fact in mind.

I had not heard of the 10,20,30 rule, & I entend to use this in future powerpoints.  I also intend to make sure I have working dry erase pens, & not search for them during class.  I found if interesting that writing on the board as I discuss it is more informative that pre writing it, I intend to change my aproach to this.

sTUDENTS CAN BE DIFFICULT NOT REALIZING THEIR  STRENGTHS.

Try to appeal to the students sense of accompishment.  Give them a new assignment.

I learn about different metods aside powerpoints that help for an effective delivery of information. Also I'm looking forward to apply de 10-20-30 rule on my powerpoints presentations.

Every slide than you make should have at least 3 to 5 main focal points also i will include a Summary of the main purpose of the message that you like to delivery in your curriculum.

Using the senses like sight and hearing to retain information.

In thi smodule I learned the importance of using summaries and effective powerpoints. The powerpoints should be well organized, and clear. Any mediums used to go along with my material should not overshadow my teaching, but add to it.

I learned that making effective deliverables can help determine if material being taught is getting through to the students.

Improving powerpoint presentations.

I have learned several important aspects and details in regards to different delivering methods which will definitevely help me when selecting the appropriate ones for each classes.

It is quite remarkable that the module has facilitated me to mantain an opened mind-set to a variety of delivering methods based on how effective they might be to help my students to learn.

Therefore, I will double check the set of classes I have already prepared to confirm whether there might additional delivering methods to better achieve the learning objectives

I have used "easyflip foil" as well to facilitate small group discussions during my classes and record the common findings to present them at the larger group later on.

They are a kind of a  "new version" of flipcharts in the sense that it is much more easier to stick the sheets on nearly any kind of surface (wall, door, etc). Each sheet of easyflip foil sticks to the surface you are going to post it via magnetism and therefore it is no needed any kind of easel.

I do love these!!

I like the idea of using unifying backgrounds to group things thematically.

I found the breakdown of PP presentations to be very helpful

Make sure I’m not trying to have students drink water out of a fire hose.

learning is change education is training and instruction in a particular subject and student centered

I have learned how to incorporate Flip Charts for use in the  classroom discussions along with the use of color and highlighting when using the white board.

Observing the teaching styles of other instructors can be beneficial to my classroom as it will provide ideas and strategies revelant to all types of learners. Also, the different method of instructional media methods and tips of how to make them the most conducive to the pupil was great!

Some institutions can oush for the use of media, it is important to use the media that youare comfortable with and that will not be distracting to the students.

Keep things simple and to the point. Overloading information can create bigger issues. 

Asking students to build powerpoints (and teaching them best practices to do so) is another great way to engage students. 

Sign In to comment