Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Do not try to overload content on instructional supports

I have never really used flip charts but I understand why they could be helpful in the learning environment.

Effective presentations are reflective in the instructor's use of varied mediums. Learning is transferable!

Delivery is important to teach.  Allowing the students to understand what I want them to know should be considered through presenting.  Allowing time for models, and being prepared is key to both my and my students' success.

To be effective, your teaching must incorporate as many of the senses as possible. At a minimum, this means both sight and hearing to reach 60% efficacy. Mediums and materials should be selected for their ability to engage students and its appropriateness to both the subject and the format of the course. For instance, online teaching may require more use of PowerPoints, web research of examples and models, and social media, while in-person classrooms allow more use of flipcharting and actual models or samples. Presentations should be formatted with consistent fonts, styles, and colors, with 3-5 points per slide, as changing the slide resets attention spans. All mediums must be clear, neat, and easy to read or view.

3 to 5 main topics/points per powerpoint slide

Samples and models may be either commercial or instructor-developed.

To fit the media you are using to what you want the students to learn. To use different teaching methods to keep the attention of the student.

SABER CUáNDO UTILIZAR HERRAMIENTAS Y MEDIOS ES IMPORTANTE DURANTE EL PROCESO DE ENSEñANZA.  NO OTORGAR DEMASIADA INFORMACIóN TEóRICA POR MáS DE 20 MINUTOS, SIN QUE MEDIE UNA ACTIVIDAD DE RETROALIMENTACIóN O DISCUSIóN ES IMPORTANTE PARA QUE LOS ESTUDIANTES PUEDAN ACLARAR DUDAS Y PROCESAR NUEVA INFORMACIóN INFLUYENTE EN EL PROCESO COGNITIVO, Y EVENTUALMENTE EN LA APLICACIóN DE LO QUE HAN APRENDIDO.

I am going to use the 10-20-30 rule for my presentations going forward to keep my students engaged.

Enjoyed looking at the link provided for tips to making a more effective power point and getting tips to make the font minimally 30 to be certain everyone can see. These are usually already formatted for me, but I will be a SME soon so I will need to know in better detail how to create these as well as other interactives. 

Knowing what are my tools to teach and use them effectively according to the situation.

Utilizing the 10/20/30 rule for developing PowerPoint presentations is something helpful I learned.

Use different mediums for teaching, whatever is effective with your students. You tube, powerpoint, or whatever works.

This module was essential for me.  Many items were valuable to me as teachng aids.  The 10/20/30 rule is excellent.  The Power Point slides are especailly good for me.  I did visit the web site for PP help it mentioned.  It is using Word 97 but it's still effectiive. I truly believe that capturing all of the student's attention by their senses is a wonderful way to help them retain information.  

I learned about the 10-20-30 rule.  I realize I will need to edit my lecture presentations as well as add different mediums to keep students engaged and reach all students.

I like the concept of incorporating more senses into courses. I'm constantly saving unique print samples for my production class so my students can see first hand how print can be stylized. I think the note about creating a storyboard for your presentations was very insightful. I'll absolutely utilize that the next time I need to create a new presentaion!

In this module on delivery method I was very impressed by the Power Point design strategy and the tool that I try to implement in my courses is the use of flipcharts.

3-5 points per slide will limit overload during power point presentations. using colors and highlights are ok as long as they aren't too distracting. 

Power point an be a powerful tool if used in the manner described.

Sign In to comment