Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I just revised my points

I came to public education as a corporate trainer. PPT is a hightech flip chart instead of tear-offs you have the "appear" functions and you dont have to make the sounds yourself... "Ta DAHHHH". But heh maybe you need redirecting distractions, besides it makes it more fun for everyone. 
I would only add a comment or two. Color is important, take some consideration in avoiding the Color Blind ranges of color and if you created dividers with color also include high contrast borders. 
Never use full, complete scentences unless it is a quote, or you are not doing the presentation live. Bullet point high level notes. The more complex the slide the longer you need to spend on it. 

Seth Soronnadi

That the use of; "Flipcharts can be used in a variety of ways in the classroom. Their primary use is for discussion sessions where note taking is required. "

Effective powerpoints are important, giving students time to ask questions, take notes and share any knowledge is important

I love the 10/20/30 rule for PowerPoint presentations.  It is important to evaluate the different media types that are most effective for your learning situations!

Creating a storyboard prior to slide development from now on.  

Using the whiteboard to write student comments.

I love using the large sticky Post-it notes on the wall for activities.

Assignments definitely have to be revisited if the majority of the students are having difficulties with them.

Provide effective powerpoints by having 3 to 5 points per slide to assist students graps the material better and for better engagement. Too much information per slide will create a loss of focus. 

I learned the  10/20 30 rule to a power point presentation 

Visual learning can be an asset in any situation.

powerpoints and flip charts have similar guidelines for clarity, etc. 

Use of posters. Intergrate social media into class room.

Stay current

Stay interesting

Flip Chart help

Good information

Dr. Betty

10/20/30 PPTs rule will be really helpful. Using Youtube ,trivia games, ect will work great.

I learned to use teaching methods for the students to use multiple sensors; hearing, seeing, smell.. And the 10/20/30 rule is best for power points.

WHEN USING POWER POINTS AND FLIP BOARDS DO NOT USE NO MORE THAN 10 AND DONT OVERLOAD THE STUDENT. KEEP A CLEAN CHALK BOARD

I need to be inventive and put interesting clips or video for my students to be engaged and build their critical thinking skills 

Be creative and use many media's and sources to make class interesting 

Using the whiteboard effectively and keeping it tidy makes a difference in the learning environment. Also, the 10-20-30 rule when it comes to making effective powerpoints.

Sign In to comment