Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Completed ED 102

Very interesting course, ED 102, and I like the interjection of information to keep it interesting.  I would say some highlights are some direct pointers on how to keep the students engaged in learning.  I will definately use the sharing some students professional insights for my class.

Sincerely Ed Goold

Bloom's Taxonomy

I intend to look through my lesson plans and be sure I am including all these levels.

ED103

I just completed ED103 I thought it was wonderul. I truly enjoyed and learned so much from it. I highly recommed it to everyone. I will be using a lot of the information from this course.

Critical Thinking Skills

In every area of our lives, critical thinking skills are necessary to identify possible situations that can result in a negative way if not handled properly.  What are some issues you have been faced with where critical thinking was necessary?  How do you assist your students in applying critical thinking skills?

verry useful course

I have to admitt that I gained lot of useful infromation during this course which would enabling me to start my new career ,so I highly recommend every one to take this course in order to be able to start a new career as instrutor

Pretests

Pretesting is a good way for me to see what the students know and how to gauge my course to make sure they receive the best set of information -- this course has re-enforced that the techniques that i have been using are used througout schools and instructors everywhere.

ED115: Soft Skills

I found a lot of useful information in this course about soft skills.  Soft skills are a vital coponent that should be a part of all instructors' personalities.  However, the topic within the course that I was most interested in was "Managing Emotions" under the heading about Emotional Intelligence.  I tend to get very sensitive and frustrated about  some things--especially interpersonal communication.  So I would have liked to see more advice about this topic.  Better yet--I think an online course about Emotional Intelligence by itself would be very helpful.  Not just for me, but for a lot of people that… >>>

Grades

The most influential part of being an instructor is providing the class with the essential resources and tools to assist and make sure they are fully understanding the information.  Taking this course has open the forum for discussion on how to address issues within my classroom.  Being honest and upstanding in the classroom forum I feel opens the doors for  and understanding from all parties involved.  My question to everyone within the Dashboard how would you address changing policies within your classroom?

Sincerely,

Ms. Ginell Agnew

ED109 Creating Lesson Plans

i learned that by creating good lesson plans, an instructor has a road map in which to drive the class.  A lesson plan guides the instructor in teaching relevant up-to-date topics, provides for change when needed and can be shared with other instructors who teach the course.  It is a continually evolving document that needs to be put into writing and changed as topics, standards and curriculum changes.  This course helps me to continue practicing good lesson plans that focus on student learning.

EL105 - Online Language: Communicating with Students

As promised, this course offers a lot of solid information regarding communicating with students and encouraging communication among students in an online environment. The tips for developing a framework for managing the communication process were very helpful. Understanding that there are three types of communication to manage was the starting point for developing my plan.

Informative & interesting...

the information was far more informative & interesting than i had anticipated!!

ED115

I would have liked to review this topic a while back to fully understand and anticipate what to do with emotions as they run rampant. A very good review!

ED112 Motivation

We are all motivated in particular ways.  Having students come to me with positive feedback is one of my greatest motivators.

ED104

I think ED104 has been my favorite study since starting the modules. I found the breakdown of the different types of students that we deal with very enlightening. It was encouraging to read about how to draw the quiet students out of their shells, as well as deal with those who come in with baggage or anger. 

Ed 101

I loved this course!  I am a new instructor and found many useful tips on how to effectively manage my classroom and how to engage my students and get them motivated about the material.  I also found this course helpful to understanding the different teaching styles and how to vary teaching styles depending on the learning style of your students.  This course will definitely be useful to me in the upcoming semester.  Thanks.

ED103

Like ED 101 this course was very informative.  I only wish that we were given a packet to make reference to.  Also the time was limited.  I felt rushed.  Other than that is was super.  I got more insight on test constrction and the reasons for various tests.  I got great insite on assessment and why they are so important.  There were a few examples or points given that I am definitely going to utilize in my classes.

ED106 Enhancing Student Learning

This was a great course with a lot of pertinent information regarding the various ways to enhance student learning.  I found that most of the information this course taught, I was already utilizing it.  Some of the material I will incorporate in my classes because they are great ice breakers in helping students feel more comfortable in the classroom.

Retention Process

I really enjoyed this course.  It has different generations described which is very informative and which I do use as an Instructor.  As Instructors we must always keep our students motivated.

Getting Students involved

I beleive it is important for the instuctor to get the students involved in the lesson.  In bringin a lecture I have been know to incorporate some funny things or real world expereince into the learning that way students feel that the lessons are not jut "book" but thing really do happen

Incorporating both academic and professional experience into the class room.

Being an instructor can be very challenging in keeping the students engaged.  Both teaching methods: as an on-line facilitator and a face to face in the classroom setting instructor must maintain the retention of its students. Therefore, the best way to do this is to incorporate both your academic  knowledge with your professional experiences to enhance the learning experience.

This simply means as you discuss different topics give examples of how you would apply that situation/ application  in the providers office; especially if you are teaching the  medical billing and coding curriculum or medical assistance.

Discuss some tips that only… >>>