Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Bloom's Taxonomy

I intend to look through my lesson plans and be sure I am including all these levels.

Dale:

I use the categories found in Bloom's Taxonomy when I offer students choices for their presentations - they can use collages, speeches, music, artwork, lyrics, flowcharts, videos, etc. to create their presentation.  I have found this to be highly effective since the students get to choose a format that not only sparks their creativity, but coincides with how they learn.

Marge

@mrcalam :I do the same. By allowing them to create material for their speeches, thesteer more active and can enjoy the learning process as well.

@mrcalam :That is a great way of getting students to actively engage in their own learning, Marge.  Students also generally like to have some or more control over project delivery so it gives them a certain amount of control and in that also gives them greater accountability for choices made.  Great idea!  Maureen

When using Bloom's Taxonomy, it has been my experience that some courses lend themselves to employing all of the levels of the taxonomy, while others do not. In fact, the higher the level of the course, the more I expect that the upper levels of the taxonomy to be employed, and the lower levers of the taxonomy can be ignored. Do you agree?

Donald L. Buresh

Sign In to comment