Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Completed ED 102

Very interesting course, ED 102, and I like the interjection of information to keep it interesting.  I would say some highlights are some direct pointers on how to keep the students engaged in learning.  I will definately use the sharing some students professional insights for my class.

Sincerely Ed Goold

I have been teaching an online course for almost three years.  I wish I'd taken this course earlier!  It would have provided a foundation for best practices.  It's not too late though.  I especially appreciated some very practical steps to take:  creating rubrics for discussion forums, calling for short biographies the first day of class and sending a personalized e-mail to each student by the end of the week.

The course was also timely in that it addresses the issue of "the angry student".  I just encountered one a few days ago!  I dealt with it reasonably, thanks to my able supervisors on several levels, but I appreciate the descriptions of different behaviors of students who are "difficult".

Ruth Whitaker,

I have found this course to be interesting and helpful to me. I will be encorporating some of the things that I have learned in my teaching experiences and reinforcing techniques that I already utilize. This course helped me to realized that I am somewhat on track.

ED 102

A very worthwhile course - lots of good information to transfer to classroom setting.  Hopefully it will help me to be a better instructor. 

Sign In to comment