Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Getting Students involved

I beleive it is important for the instuctor to get the students involved in the lesson.  In bringin a lecture I have been know to incorporate some funny things or real world expereince into the learning that way students feel that the lessons are not jut "book" but thing really do happen

So true!  You get far more educational 'buy-in" when the students are actively engaged in their own learning process.  Often times, these students feel more validated by participating on the front-end of the lesson rather than just listening to a "talking head". 

I believe that the most important thing in education is to get the student involved if we don't get students involved it is impossible to have what we call a commit ed student.

Student involvement is what we all strive to accomplish.  It makes teaching so easy when you have relevant student involvement.

The best method for study involvement is to actually simulate the work environment in the class room via classroom projects.  It is critical that the student have the opportunity to role play different work functions.  This teaches responsibility and accountability.  The tasks also brings out some of the critical or core skills that need to be improved.

I agree.  That is why I promote internships in our business programs.  I have seen so much personal and professional growth in our students when in the "real world' functioning.  I also believe that letting students invest themselves in project management projects is a motivator and yet another opportunity for growth.

It is difficult to get students involved but once you know most of their likes and dislike you will be able to get them involved.

Hands on is always a great way to get my students involved. This is a "hands-on" course however so there is no getting away from that

Sign In to comment