Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED106 Enhancing Student Learning

This was a great course with a lot of pertinent information regarding the various ways to enhance student learning.  I found that most of the information this course taught, I was already utilizing it.  Some of the material I will incorporate in my classes because they are great ice breakers in helping students feel more comfortable in the classroom.

I very much enjoyed this course.  Although I also felt as though i am already utilizing some of it, I also feel that there was just as much information that was knew and will be an asset in the classroom.  The learning disabilities module I felt that I was a part of  because of the personal experience I have had dealing with it myself, as well as both of my kids.  That's why I have always tryed to assess my new students within the first week in hopes to ID any LDs as quickly as possible.  In 6 week terms, it is easier to make learning plans with these students and therefore, utilize the rest of the time actually learning in a learning environment that is comfortable for all, expecially the LD students.  I am excited to see that we have this resource that teaches more about LD.  It has been my experience that most teachers, especially in public schools, does not understand LDs and therefore loses patience and places them in catagories they don't deserve. 

My favorite technique is using colored index cards and havethem write their name, phone #, and a couple of other items to assess them personally, as well as their writing in hopes to see any LDs.  I do this on the very first day so if I need to speak one-on-one with someone, I can and then if necessay, get a plan in place and then work the plan throughout the duration of the rest of the 6 weeks.  It is also my hope that I can then pass the information on to the next instructor to make the rest of the students program more effective. 

I will be utilizing some of the other ice breaking techniques that I gleaned here too.

Happy teaching to all...

This was an GREAT course! I will utilize alot of the techniques.

Sign In to comment