Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Managing Stress

It is really important as an instructor to manage stress and seperate home stresses from work stresses.  It is also important for an instructor to let his/her students in on this important rule. 

assessment

Multiple formative assessments are key to tracking student learning.

what have i really learned?

i have learned to take this more seriously.....

Refresh your skills....

This course was fantastic to me, It not only refreshed my mind of the things I have known from the past,  but I learned so many new things to help me instruct my students. I can't wait to get back to class.

New thoughts for motivation

ED112 has some great ideas for tightening the approaches to class activities and instructor support.  It was good to be reminded about an adult student's need for security and autonomy, and that these may be provided easily and with comfort.  Adults may make more of the daily and course decisions, and add input to which direction they want to go.  I got a good insight into intrinsic and extrinsic motivations.

EL 101- Quality Online Courses

Thank you for a very nice course regarding creating an effective, stimulating and creative online course. Prior to EL 101 I was somewhat nervous about attempting to teach online. Now I feel emboldened to go forward! It no longer seems as daunting and I am confident that I will be able to translate my enthusiasm for the concept of review American sports through an African American lens. With tools such as this course I will now be able to connect topic and time periods such as the Great Migration with the explosion of the Negro Leagues, as one example. Thank… >>>

ed101

loved class

Ed101

This training reminded me of that need to be not only on time but early. Thinking through some of the basics of what we do and their value will help me develop that checklist of what to do as I begin. For example, I have had an opportunity to reflect that the introduction meets many more goals than I realized.

Martha Moore

ED105

ED105 was extremely informative. I have alreay incorporated some of the material learned. I found the section of Delivery Methods most helpful.

Intructor/motivator

As a student and an instructor, I know the importance motivation and enthusiasm for subject matter play.  Instructors who present to demonstrate enthusiasms and excitement about a subject can affect students in a positive manner.  As a student instructors did not have to tell me if they like what they did or not for me to know.  With that said instructors must show motivation for the subject, because students react to instructor’s point of view and convictions.  Instructors who demonstrate enthusiasm also have the opportunity to instill the rational in which students are taking a course.  Most students at times… >>>

ED107

Interesting course. I feel new instructors could benefit from this course.

CATS

CATS or classroom assesment techniques is a great tool in which I beleive have worked for me, as I evaluate students and myself.   Prior to conducting CATs teacniques, I found that introducing and making students aware of the assessment scheme allows better particiaption. Also, conducting Cats in a small gruop was also a good starting point for me, prior to exposing it to a much larger setting of students.

ED101: syllabus

The syllabus is a tool in which can help set the tone.  Many students do not use the syllabus, for some reason or the other.  All of the course directives, objectives, due dates and policies are in the syllabus, but for some reason students fail to turn assignment on time. Most of the time they claim that they did not know, when there is a schedule within the syllabus.  Beyond reviewing the syllabus, I actually incorporate question from the syllabus to encourage the students review the syllabus and not just place it in there folders.  I find many of my students being… >>>

ED113

Great course

Training ed 102

It is an interesting process and I learned lot from it.

Ed 105 Extra Credit

I found it very interesting reading about extra credit. I'm interested in hearing what everyone thinks about extra credit. Do you give it in your classroom? Why or why not?

I personally don't give extra credit. I think some students look at it as a way to skip other assignments.

Rochelle F.

ED103

The content of this course reinforced my understanding of learning styles and the need for quality assessments. The suggestions given for the CATs are good techniques to use.  I enjoyed the course.

EL 102

EL 102 was a well organized course on online learning. I have taught online courses a couple of years noe and i feel this was one of the better online courses arround.

Prof, Nick Pasquarello

ED104

This course was great to accomplish.  The education of changing the way I present the course to my students.  Matter of fact I had a student that was sitting behind the post int he class room so she could sleep.  Well that ended when I moved the table from the post so she had to sit in the middle of the room and stay alert.  Just changing the room so it can work with you as you teach the courses and also gain the respect from the students as well.

I Learned That I am Doing A Good Job!

I loved hearing that I am already using applying some of the stuff I learned in this class. I look forward to applying the rest. Thanks!