Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Gen Y

This training session will be beneficial to class planning for the classes I teach as I have a diverse population including Gen Y students.  This training gave me guidance and direction on how to better engage students in being accountable for learning.  Because I learned of their general characteristics, I am better able to adapt my style of teaching to suit their learning needs.   Learning should be fun and I will integrate ways which appeal to all the generations in my class and this training made me aware of all the generational characteristics of the Veterans (Silent Generation), Baby Boomers,… >>>

Learning styles - GEN Y

After completing this training, I understand the importance of utilizing technology in the classroom and I am now aware of the dangers of using technology.   I am going to ensure that I can properly use the technology before utiliizing it in front of the class.

GEN Y

This information is invaluable to me as an instructor especially because I have many GEN Y students and I want to make sure I can reach them so that learning is successful.  This training gave me insight into all the generations and how I couldrelate to a diverse classroom and this knowledge will let me address the student population appropriately and effectively.   Understanding and awareness are two key components to relating to a diverse student population.

MorganT-ED115

The course was very instrumentatal in helping to deal with stress.

Ed114

I feel everyone could use this course, I think as an instructor we often forget how we approach the students with questions and why they do not participate like we would wnat them to.

ED106

This was one of the msot enjoyable courses I've taken thus far. The information was well presented and will be very useful in the classroom.

MODULE 104

This was a very informative course. I will use the material I have learned in my classes.

Course 104

I feel that this was very helpfull. I am onboarding a new instructor and this willbe very helpfull

ED 111

I love this course

Course Wrap-Up ED116

Critical Thinking can be factual, linear and without emotional content. It can assist with defining the problem and lead to an efficient solution.The emotional Ah HA! is the process I usually engage in and this has the emotional component my right brain craves. The incubation period for problem solving is like having a mysterious presence inside who knows ALL of the answers...if consulted correctly. I like the Howard GardnerMultiple Intelligences. They are very accurate to my own patterns over decades.I think a combination of Critical/Creative processes serve life well.  

It's nice to know my education wasn't wasted.

We take these classes primarily because we are required to do so; however, I use them to reinforce what I learned in college. It is nice to know that I was taught correctly. It was nice to know that I actually paid attention, and it is nice to know that I practice what was preached to me. I do believe that a lot of times we get hung up with the bottom line and forget about the the student him/herself. I do believe that there is so much more that can be learned away from the course/textbooks. It is up… >>>

ed104

being that i worked for broward schools for 11 years, i forund that this course was a memory refresher on certain topics especially classroom management.  Clasroom management is so viatal in the education field because it keeps you movin around the classroom at all times and it also lets the students know that you are watching them constantly. Effective classroom management cuts down on students that's off task. 

ED 117

This was one of the best classes that I have taken!

Mark W.

ed 1110

i just took this course thot it was great!!!! alot of information!!!!!

Retention

Best student retention is by keep student busy and excited . So best way to do it is by making students expecting quizzes and prizes every time

ED105

I found the class very informative and helped renew some teaching ideas that i haven't used in a while. I enjoyed the fact I didn't have to do the course in one sitting.

ED104

This course provided a good review of classroom expectations and reinforced key concepts that I need to be reminded of on a regular basis.

ED 201 Disabilities

This is very informative and provides insites that I am sure some people may never consider.  Sympathy is take a few steps in someone elses shoes, and dealing with disability students and even other people would do us all good to take that one mile journey.

Course wrap up

I felt that this course was very enlightening and a refreshing course. Learning about the various types of learning styles  and methods in which I can improve in the class are awesome skills to use.

Course Wrap up

I have found that adding learner-centered activities is easier in a didactic classroom rather than in a skills lab or clinical setting.  Several of the teaching strategies presented in this course can be applied to skills lab or clinical learning environments.  Connecting theory to practice will be easier with these activities.  I especially like the Eyes and Ears, Wheel of Surprises, incredible edible cell and hygiene hy-jinx to use in the clinical or skills lab.  Using these strategies will help students with all types of learning styles and preferences.  Students comment that they learn best when they can see the… >>>