Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED112 Motivation

We are all motivated in particular ways.  Having students come to me with positive feedback is one of my greatest motivators.

To know the student has left the classroom excited, entergized and walk in the next session prepared motivates me to challenge them more.

Don't you love it when that happens, it makes you feel charged for the next session!

Motivation is key in the learning process. It triggers the interest and willingness to acquire new knowledge. I feel the instructor should be entertainer to keep everyone in the classroom happy while they are educated. It is a hard thing to do but it is possible

It's "music to my ears" when students post a journal or tell me personally how much they've gotten out of the course or a particular topic.  This motivates me to continue to facilitate their learning using the many media methods and my skills.  However, one of the things that jazzes me the most is when a student tells me that he/she has learned to be a better thinker in general (i.e. more logical, more tolerant, with fewer self-contradictions, etc.).

Motivation is key to everything, especially when learning. I have found that sometimes it can be the simple things and big things that are great motivators. It is always wonderful to hear from students that something that was done or said has really excited them on the inside. A student told me once that I made her want more and better for herself... WOW! What a motivator for me!

I love when a course reinforces ideas that we know to be true by incorporating ideas we may not have thought have an impact. Not only is motivation key for students, it is key when working with colleagues. Think about the parts of your job you love to do. Usually they are the most rewarding; the tasks that make you feel like you make a difference or for which you have a particular talent. I often try to identify what motivates the students. For most it is a career, a better life, or self-improvement. If you are not providing opportunities for each of these for the students, they will check out quickly.

Motivation in my opinion is one of the most important factors in the learning process.

It's what makes students hungry for knowledge and willingness to learn.

I feel instructor should use "fun" ways to deliver their lessons plans. This allows students to be happy, stay awake  and makes the students look forward to your next class. The students in turn become motivated to learn.

I am really going to try the "pair and share" technique in my next class!  I really like ED112 a bit more than ALL the other courses that I've taken thus far on Max Knowledge.  Why?  Because it is small and concise compared to past courses.  "Read a little, think a lot."

I tried the pair and share technique. It worked great and brought some of my more reserved students out of their shells!

I do agree with some points of the motivation, the course oultine was interesting & had some useful tips that I look forward to implementing with my class soon.

However, when it came to completing the course, I felt that the final exam taken left me questioning a few things...things that were clearly explained during the outlines - but was marked as incorrect in the final exam - though the outline stated otherwise. I would really like for us to have the opportunity to print out our final exams for us to review, and if needed, to dispute afterwards.

I believe in group efforts. I tell my students all the time to get to know their neighbors. i encourage this in order for them to learn how to work with others. I encouraged participation and engaging at all times. I learned so much from this webinar and will immediately start putting into action some things I feel will be helpful to continue my class to flow. Some things I were already doing,a nd felt good that they were brought out in this webinar, and some things I were not doing. I can't say enough how much I really enjoyed this class.

Happy Teaching to all!

Ms. Thornton

I liked the "pair and share" technique as well.  It takes the immediate pressure off the students who may have great ideas/input but are too shy to share their opinion.  It also provides an environment for innovation, a discussion could start with one topic and trigger some other wonderful ideas.

I like to start a lesson by telling a story.  For example:  I share a story about visiting a candy store.

I ask students questions about their experiences purchasing chocolates; and I ask them to describe their favorite

purchase.  Then, I make a transition to the lesson by describing how a candy store is like the parts of an essay: 

Introduction-The window of the candy store becomes the "window of opportunity."  When writing, you must catch the readers attention so they become curious.  You provide just enough information to keep them reading. 

Body-The inside of the candy store is like the body of an essay. It is well-organized with numerous examples.

Conclusion- Leaving the candy store is like the conclusion of an essay. You reflect and summarize your experience. 

Students never forget this information!

Sign In to comment