Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Instructor Interaction

We maintain learner's motivation in our school through a program that include animations, simulations, and drag-and-drop quiz activities.

Beatrice,
Drag and Drop quiz activities sound interesting, please share more.
Philip Campbell

we split up lecture and hands on learning, they all learn at different levels and all have special requirements

Glenn,
Very true, all learners learn at different paces, environments, etc. Keep mixing it up so that you insure you hit everyone differently.
Philip Campbell

I teach at a technical school and have for the last few years been combining the "Incredibly Awesome Listening Experience" (lecture) and the hands on labs in small groups. This means that I have to teach the same material several times per class. I have found that it helps me with my understanding and knowledge of the subject but more importantly the students pay more attention, have had better test scores and seem to be able to recall call the information better.

I also teach at a technical school. Myself and others here will lecture and demo. I try to use the Demo as part of my lecture. I will even use my students in my demos to help them along with their learning process.

I try to stay balanced between Power Points and hands on training. I came from a maintenance background so keeping them engaged and busy with their hands is important to me once we finish our lecture topic....wich i try to keep short and sweet.

Sign In to comment