Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

scial media

I feel that all of the students should use social media, and the instructors should work it into the class, but the instructors should not be on the social media sites that the students are also on. There is a line that could be crossed.

My classes are very structured. I try to use what social media that I can but am limited.

I agree. We are not allowed to share anything not approved by the company. But I learned that I can share with the class the website/s to pursuit on their own time with some valuable information pertaining to their education.

I do not use social media sites. If my own kids need to speak to me, they can call, "voice". That is so 20th century! I know people feel they need to be 'plugged in", I imagine there are times it could be useful, but I haven't used it in class.

I am not a social media believer. Putting your life out for all to see is not my idea of proper. What ever happened to face to face contact and speaking to people on the phone?

I am not on any social media but I have set up a Facebook page with approval of my manager to link to course related material for my class. sadly the students do not utilize it the way I had hoped. I continue pushing it as an added learning tool to help them understand the complicated course material. The students that have accessed it are very happy with the added information and clarification it provided to assist in their education.

Mark,

Are the students just not accessing the page, is that why you have found it to be mostly unsuccessful?

Theresa Schmitt

It seems like they are not interested in even seeing what I am posting on the page because it is all related to the course. Most of our students seem to have very little motivation to do any extra work to learn course related information. They will stay up all night playing video games but if I say look up this page it has some additional information on the topic almost no one bothers. It is very frustrating on my end knowing what it takes to keep up with the technology and seeing them show no motivation from the start.

Sign In to comment