Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Using IPAD

Is the use of the ipad cost effective if given to every student to access for classroom learning?

Raymond,

That is a great question as it depends on how long they will have them, the agreement made regarding cost, and also how much will they be used outside the classroom in my opinion.

Antoine Lewis

I think you hit the nail on the head by asking the questions that show Technology must be applied with a meaningful purpose and not just for technologies sake. I think curriculum needs to be developed before any device is employed to fit such devices meaningfully into the learning process.

Dale,

I agree that the technology should have a meaningful purpose when used. I believe in keeping it simple but many students today use apps, video and social media so as educators when must do a good job of providing quality education in this manner but also not forget that lectures, case studies and old fashion discussion is still valuable.

Antoine Lewis

I am wondering if the teaching institution can require the use/ purchase of an I-pad if the students have an electronic device that is similar?

Stacey,

If an institution decides to make it a requirement they will want to offer discounts, or give them a deadline to acquire the I-pad. This can impact enrollment unless the technology cost is included in the tuition. Also a tutorial and/or agreement might be required for use of the I-pad. Technology in the classroom is important and showing how it will positively impact ones academics at that institution will be helpful.

Antoine Lewis

Sign In to comment