Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Prezi

My students introduced me to Prezi and requested it as an alternative to the traditional PowerPoint. I was very excited to amp up the traditional ppts, and I was thrilled with their results!

Julia,

I am in love with Prezi! It is well worth subscribing to the teachers forum- I find they do not clutter my in-box with spam, and all of the tips and tricks are relevant and inspiring:
http://prezi.com/prezi-for-education/

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

How sad is it that the corporation I work for blocks almost all of these resources on our network? I can't view Prezi here (though I am familiar with it from working at other institutions).

As a matter of fact, about 40% or so of these wonderful resources are blocked. It's really upsetting. But I do agree that these are wonderful resources.

Michael,
I have worked in both types of places, some of them very open-minded regarding technology or even social media in the computers and others where even YouTube is blocked. But in the second case , and right from the beginning, I have explained the reasons to my supervisors in that place, describing in detail why I need to use such and such program/website/tool for my professional work. I must have talked to the right person because in my case it worked like a charm.
It is important to illustrate your point with some past work you have done applying the mentioned technology as a professional so that the person with the decision making authority could see the advantage of changing the policy or at least allowing you to use it as an exception. They may be a lacking vision in the role that technology has in education and libraries nowadays.
If the problem is not chronic, it is worth trying.

I am a Prezi fan too! A former supervisor infused the Prezi mania among staff and faculty when he presented it on a staff meeting and then prepared a workshop on Prezi just for us. I have used it a lot ever since, even for simpler purposes that a PPT would have served. Off course PowerPoint still comes handy when creating more plain presentations or to illustrate a lineal process.

JOANA,

Great to see a fellow Prezi lover on the board! I find it very easy to use and really engages the audience with the dynamic motion of the slides.

Best,

Theresa Schmitt

Sign In to comment