Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Active Learning

Active Learning includes getting their hands on it early. One of the things that I like to do is having taken a part engines to see all of the content. Once the student has seen the internals of the engine it make class time go easier and smoother.

Richard,
So what you do is allow them to get their "hands dirty" in their classes. Great approach and we should all try incorporate some into our classes.
Philip Campbell

Student have a greater chance at learning when instructors create an active learning environment. This allows for students to be engage in activities, such as reading, writing, discussion, and problem solving. It also create a fun environment and you do not have to worry about students falling asleep in class. Active learning helps students retain the information to be successful.

I have found that hand-on learning works better if the students work with a partner or group. They benefit from each others experience.

John,
Great example. Keep sharing ideas with everyone around you. It makes a great place to work.
Philip Campbell

I like that approach as well, I learn better through hands on experience rather than just books .

Sign In to comment