Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Wiki Assignments

I just signed up to wiki and told my class about it and put up an extra credit assignment and received the work from most of my students including some who sits in the back row. What a great tool to use, providing that the student has access to the internet. Not all students can afford this luxury.

Glenn ,

Great! Please come back and share your experience at the end of the term.

Theresa Schmitt

Glenn ,

Great! Please come back and share your experience at the end of the term.

Theresa Schmitt

It is a great idea - plus even without internet access at home there are so many options for us today - the libraries both public and campus offer computers and free Wi-fi. Many people / students have smart phones plus with wi fi in so many buildings this does not become the biggest challenge for the majority.

I am really intrigued by this idea! Very inventive! I would like to try this as well and see if there is a benefit to it and report back.

This is a great idea. With the school's access to use the internet in the library this assignment can be utilized by the whole class

I am not familiar with wiki assignments, could you please tell me a little about it?

How do WIki assignments work? What are they?

A wiki is a collaborative software which facilitates not only community building within a course but also the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as creative and collaborative skills needed for educational and workplace success. Likewise, wiki provides 24/7 access to project materials allowing students to contribute or modify information from home, work, or on vacation. In this way, instruction combined with technology has the potential to meet the needs, interests, and learning preferences of students resulting in an improved product and greater learning success.

After reading this module, I'm thinking I want to incorporate Wiki into my class lessons to get the students more involved.

Gary,

Fantastic! Please come back and let us know how it goes!

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

Sign In to comment