Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I leaned/liked the idea ofa dynamci syllyabus with links to helpful resources. 

I didn't realize you could update a syllabus. It makes sense and can improve student retention of the subject. 

Course revisions should happen frequently and in a way that is only improving the course information. 

Professional development can be obtained via workshops, conferences, and other experienced online instructors.

Formative and summative evaluations of a course lead to constructive revisions of a course.

Courses should constantly be changing in evolving to meet the needs of our students.

Professional development and embracing the ongoing need for change will promote success in the online program.

My main take away is that professional development can be an informal process via observation.

As an instructor, I have learned the importance of altering a course in order to maximize my students' learning potential. 

Course repositories are extremely useful. One think to keep in mind; however, is that links must be checked regularly to make certain they still work and material should be kept current. The longer an instructor teaches a course, the more they will have to pull on when making course revisions.

Nancy Tosh

Frequently evaluating, analysing, and updating content is crucial in online learning. 

Use of online professional development as well as collaborating with peers is important to further education. Change occurs frequently. As educators, we must be assessing, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluationg the teaching environment and content.

Change is inevitable, so be prepared for changes. Keep track of old versions, and make sure you update all the supplemental material that may be needed when a change occurs. 

Ask students every 3-4 weeks what is working for them.  What should the instructor change? Keep? Feedback is good to understand if the information is being learned and retained by those you are teaching.

I learned about "formative" and "Summative" course revisions, when to implement these course revisions onto the course accordingly along with feedback & resources providing info to assist sudents acheive the learning outcomes. 

Start, Stop, Continue sounds like a great way to get feedback from your studnets about what's working and what's not working in your course. 

Keeping in mind the student needs it is very important when considering a course revision.

Key time management strategies and applications are important for successful on line instructors.

I learned that the technology is a very important dynamic element of the online course.

I have learned that when students give feedback and make recommendations that we are unable to fulfill that we need to explain why. I also learned that when revisions are made to our courses that it is important to keep a record of both the changes and the old courses in case the changes that were made do not work and we need to revert to the old curriculum.

Sign In to comment