Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

WLMS for Course Revisions | Origin: EL112

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Workload Management Strategies for Teaching Online --> WLMS for Course Revisions

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Always be open to updating content to keep learning exciting and desirable for students and instructors

Course history, dynamic elements, and planning are key!!!

Effective professional development enables instructors to develop the knowledge and skills needed to manage their workload, improve instruction, and enhance the learning process.

I have learned the different between formative and summative.

I learned that it is important to keep a record of what changes were made to classes. That way the instructor can decide whether or not it was effective. Also evaluations are good to do every couple of weeks. 

I like the idea of an object library where you can store older materials and courses for future reuse if needed. 

Importance of professional development , startegies for collecting course delivery data, managing dynamic course elements, strategies for completing formative and summative course revisions and maintaining course history. 

professional development and upgrading content, communication and feedback elements are key.

Workload Management Strategies for Teaching Online --> WLMS for Course Revisions

When it comes to course revisions, unstanding it is not an event but continually evolving. Dynamic elements provide students with information they need to learn, and instructors utilizing these elements properly will increase student achievement.

Online instructors must be open to changes in order to meet the needs of the learners at anytime as long as its is feasable to do so.

Remember to holld onto the course history, but I disagree with the course conclusion that the appropriate storage site is the LMS.  What if the LMS is no longer available?   Lot of us are taking opportunities for free courses, but what happens at the end of, say, 90 days, when the costs of those services start?   That can be a surprise to many.   

ADDIE- Analysis, Desin, Development, Implementation and Evaluation. 

Courses should be tweaked within a term. This is based on various feedback received from students, which may be in the form of test scores, emails, surveys, etc. Turn around on this feedback should be done quickly and communicated.

Developing an online class is an ongoing process.  Throughout the course using the ADDIE model, an instructor should use formative and summative evaluations to edit the course.  Also save all the work and realize that technologies will change.  Double check resources and links to make sure links still work.

I learned a lot about formative and summative evaluations and when to implement those evaluations into the course to help make the revisions. Also, how important it is to maintain a course history.

Time management is key.  I like the idea of setting aside a day and time to check in grades instead of doing it all the time.  I also like the Stop-Start-Continue evaluation.

feedback and rsources providing information to help students achieve the learning outcomes.Also provide those that are needed for particular assignments/projects and place the resources in one area for more timely updating.

Revising a course midway through has not occured to me until COVID-19. I like adding the Start, Stop, Continue evaluation of the course around midterm time.

I like the use of formative evals every 3-5 weeks with class revision right after and then summative at the end with addiitonal revison if needed.

Professional development is important so that the teacher can be a reflective practitioner, evaluating and adjusting to best improve student learning.

Sign In to comment