Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Professional development including online course design, online pedagogy,and technology tools as a workload stragety to enhance and improve upon weakness. Online administrators need ot be aware of pitfalls that may occur if the online design isn't properly thoughtout. 

Course history, dynamic elements, and planning are key!!! Each one  plays an important role to the online learning environment. The instructor and student benefit from such organizational course outlines.

Reply to Tianna Staples's post:That is something I haven't been the best at in my in-person classes, so I can see that it would be very important for an online class as well. 

It is good to make sure to try and not reinvent the wheel. It is okay to save and store some of the online courses and tools that you have used in the past in order for future courses.

Ileane about developing and maintaining a course history or learning objects.

I like the idea mentioned of keeping a history of what was changed to the previous classes and also keeping older versions of all classes so if there is something that went well from a previous class it can quickly be adjusted to suit the needs of the current class.  I will be sure to remember this when I teach an online class. 

A good online course needs constant revision, updating and evaluation.  

Creating and maintaining a course history is great practice in workload management.  It could include a history of changes and updates made to the course and additional learning objects used such as additional assignments. 

Use the stop, start and continue evaluation every few weeks or end of each course. Make the evalation anonymous so you can get better results. 

In order to provide an engaging online learning environment, teachers should be willing and able to conduct fomrative and summative course evaluations and revisions.

I would use the Stop, Start, Continue evaluation to ensure my students had the most beneficial and least frustrating learning environment that I could provide.

It is very important to contNiue doing professional development. Making sure to have a course history and adequate backups.

Professional development will provide updates and give the techers new stratagies needed to succeed. The student success rate and the understanding the students have to work sucessfully online is the goal.

Just as with a F2F course the onlne course can be dynamic.  This quality ehances learnng and student engagement.

An online course is a process of teaching that changes quite often. Instructors have to be flexible and understand that they are continually learning from the assessments whether formative or sumative. Information should be used to better the course for both the instructor and the student.

Course evaluations should not be completed only at the end of the course.  They should be implemented every three tio five weeks.

Being able to make changes to a syllabus, or having a dynamic syllabus, managing dynamic elements (and their respective links and / or websites) along with a myriad of course revisions and updates (much or all of this executed in software) stored in some type of "course repository" in case the changes need to be "backed up" or "undone" is a great policy to have at the individual online teacher / course level.

Updating online content is a necessaryevilo if you want your courses to make your students successful!

Keep an open mind about updating content.

When making a plan for course revisions, you must understand the course development cycle. In the course development cycle, the course revision process is a key component.

I also like the ideal of formative evaluations every 3-5 weeks, although I have only done them once persemester.this management strategy is very important brcause it will eliminate many of the obectives teaching tha it is not student centered information.

Sign In to comment