Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The module spoke to the importance of being flexible and willing to update and modify the course. 

In this module I learned about more workload strategies. Formative and summative evaluation as well as course evaluation, and creating a repository bank for materials to be rehuse as needed. 

I learned about 

ADDIE- Analysis, Desin, Development, Implementation and Evaluation. 

Always be ready for change. updates happen.

When typing communications be careful of wording as it can be taken out of context. Be careful not to use capital leters, stay brief and to the point. 

Professional development should be viewed as an opportunity to enhance online instructors’ strengths and improve upon their weaknesses. Doing so can save time later and help instructors manage their workload. Professional development should be completed to strengthen the instructor’s teaching practice throughout his/her career. It is important to set aside time for professional development as you, the instructor, and the students all realize the benefits.

Just like doing these modules is professional development to help us grow as educators and to help us teach in different environments in order to best serve our students.

Professional development leads to a better outcome for learners and growth for best practices as an instructor

Reply to Holly Voss's post: I think I update my course every year! I am always trying to incorporate new technology and techniques so that my student learn and RETAIN the information in my courses. 

Course revisions should be ongoing and deliberate

Keep up with the updated content for your online course so your students are getting all the new and important information. 

The main thing to consider when using dynamic components within online courses, to use those that only support the leaning environment and not just provide information if they need it.

The Stop, Start, Continue technique. Give value to the opinion of the students

Courses should be evaluated on a timeline to ensure proper updating. 

It's nice to see there's an acronym for what I've been doing instinctively: ADDIE.  And now I'm off to spend more time with ADDIE...

The importance of professional development, especially for online instructors.

Course history can be helpful in planning and updating future courses.

I find formative course evaluations provide the instructor with opportunities to adjust the course to meet students’ needs.  Student needs have changed for me every semester and I like to discover this at the start of the semester by exploring learning styles.  Once piece of advice that I found valuable, and I plan to incorporate, is online instructors should ask students approximately every 3-5 weeks what they would like the instructor to stop doing, start doing, and continue to do to help me run the course more efficiently.

More information about formative and summative assessment.

Posting information form previous courses creates a baseline for a subject. If that information has changed ,developed, the instructor can update the course and not need to start over again

Course evaluations are very useful for the evolution of any specific course. Course revisions should be ongoing for as long as the course is offered and can even produce different versions of the course that can be more suitable in different situations. A class with a low number of students may benefit from a certain version of the course that was developed and tested on smaller class sizes. There may even be a version of the course that is more suitable for larger class sizes or in the event of Holiday or Weather related schedule interruptions. Formative evaluations give the instructor the opportunity to make midcourse revisions and test outcomes more quickly. These are useful for instructors as course corrections can be made immediately to avoid any negative outcomes. Summative evaluations give the instructor time to consider more involved changes that can possibly affect the curriculum of the teaching tools. 

Sign In to comment