Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being able to find materials quickly and being able to navigate the course will be important. Instead of just putting traditional materials online, it's important to weigh all the options so you use the best possible strategies and tools for your students. You need to consider the origin, organization, orchestration, and outcomes of course design wehn creating the curribulum.

I want to make sure my organizatioonal layout matches my teaching style.  I want to be congnicent of my course content and ensure my delivery method is suitable to enhance engagement and retention.

Being consistent, being available, evaluation of the teaching materials, layout of courses and student outcomes are important while providing an online education.

We need to come up with interesting topics and ways to engage the students. I like the idea of the instructional units and creating units that get the learner's attention immediately. I really want to implement these units into my online classes. It is hard to learn when you are not engaged into the content / don't care about it. Organization is a big part of that as well. We need to make the online course layout accessible and keep in contact with the students abou the course layout.

It is important to identify the delivery methods and strategies to be used in online teaching. In modifying the course content of my F2F curriculum into online course content I will use the four O's of course design (origin, organization, orchestration and outcomes assessment)

Instead of simply converting a F2F course to an online course, it might be easier to create a new course. So, I will consider the options for delivery, the objectives and goals that need to be attained and the student outcomes that will be measured. These, along with my instruction style will help me organize my outline for the course.

Laying out your course & organizing by modules allows one to put in one place all materials, assessments, and interactions.  I’ve realized the importance of complementing my LMS with that of a discussion board for more group like Q & A!

After reviewing the module, it is obvious that we should be using a variety of tools in our curriculum to help students adapt to the online learning enviroment. 

We as a online instructor have the responsibility to use the best learning methods and strategies when we deliver instruction. As we guide our students we need to evaluate and modify the course content if necessary based on the outcomes.  

As explained F to F is really not that different for on line if the instructor can apply their own personalities

This module is really helpful, but one of the sentences I thought was most helpful was, that ti may be easier to create a new course, rather than convert a F2F course. I've been apporaching this process of converstion in the wrong way.  As they go on to say, we're supposed to end with a class and not an online book.  I've got a lot to think about and I'm also using someone else's organizational layout. I knew that wasn't working.  I'm using a lot of these tools for the first time, so I have made a lot of discoveries of things that don't work and that I can change going forward.

Engaging with students and keeping information organized is important for successful learning.

The organization and layout of your program are important factors towards success of an online program.

Turning a F2F class into an online course requires organization and using multiple teaching strategies Proper course layout and organization helps the instructor and the students, this also makes the class flow easier. A welcome letter and a wrap-up letter helps the students sense the instructors presenc virtually. 

Relevence! Students want a connection and a reason for engaging.  

It's great to be able to fully understand everything that actually goes into creating an online course. Instructors goals and duties, as well as whats expected of the students

important in online learning is to keep consistant with your methods so students become adapted to what to expect but be diverse in techniques to keep students engaged

You can't simply take the content from a face to face course and dump it in an online course. You need to consider your audience, what you want to accomplish in the class, how you are going to accomplish it, and how to assess that your students have mastered the content.

I learned the difference in synchronous and Asycronous in this module . Teaching with all students in one area and on the other hand teaching at times that the student has themselves.

Moving to online learning is not simply about transferring content - it is about transforming content.  Should ask yourself the following questions:

• What do I want the student to learn?
  • What is the best way to present the content?
  • How can I use the strengths of the online medium, while minimizing the negatives?
  • How can I create interaction - student/content, student/student, student/instructor?
  • How will I assess the success of the learning?
  • What process will I use to evaluate the effectiveness of the presentation and the learning, so future courses can be improved?
Sign In to comment