Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Good ideas on keeping student in the course and how to deal with students working full time plus doing course. 

I lernd that you are going the have all kinds of students that learne diffrently. As long as you keep records of all the of communications and participation. There sound not be a probel that needs to escalate. Also cummunicating and counseling students of there role as a student.

I learned about a noisy learner, I have never heard of that before and found this to be interesting as noisy learners primarily respond to the facilitator and not other goup members and they tend to skip around the main points of the discussion.

Learning how to manage the different learning types of learners in an on line environment was quite helpful. Furthermore, responding to questions within 24 hours was good advice. 

I learned that we must keep a record of communcation with students. Also behavoire issues with students and how to handle them

Procrastination is one of the key enemies of a quality online education, and motivating those who employ it is a key challange for the instructor.

this module was extremely helpful in that I have two students that are facing these same issues. Issues with course work load, technical issues and health issues. Currently I am not dealing with any conflicts, but I have in the past. The information was very helpful. I do have some noisy learners, so that section will also help. This student will interrupt and interject inappropiate comments during our discussions and do my best to redirect that person and encourage professional behavoir. 

I learned thatit takes more motivation and dedication to be successful with online learning. Students may have the tendency to procrastinate since they are not face-to-face with the instructor.  As an instructor you need to communicate more, and troubleshoot behaviors early and effectively while following work policies. Offer alot of encouragement and guidance.

Many different challenges and some ones to come in the future. These are some great guidelines to handle even the unpredictable 

Do not let student's bad behaviors get out of hand. Nip them in the bud.

You often face challenges regarding technology and e-learning platforms that is out of your control. It is important to remain  calm, have patience and effective to your students.

Remember that students may have outside conflicts that restrict their ability to complete assignments and depending on their learning style they may need additional support or time.

Adherence to school policy is vital in cases that deal with student behaviors online.  In many cases, COVID-19 was not expected to be as brutal and longlasting as it has been.  Nevertheless, the integrity of providing students with a quality education still remains.  In doing so, one must safeguard, often from the student themselves, the ability to impeded or interrupt the educational process for any length of time, making sure that policies and procedures are adhered to will certainly be beneficial in cases of dismissal, lawsuits, and opportunists.  In any of the scenarios presented with the type of disrupters, any measures that inhibit students from receiving the proper education will not be tolerated including exclusionary measures for mandatory school-age students.  To some, this presents a dichotomy that they may be ill-prepared to handle, especially in the absence of appropriate and stated/printed school policies that deal with such behaviors in a virtual setting.  

I am enjoyig the corse.

Instructors can minimize student attrition, by reminding them of the resources their institution has to offer, such as resources for counseling and technical support. Another topic, synchronous chat interruptions by a single individual are typically not as disruptive as synchronous interruptions. The other students are usually able to avoid this type of conflict independently. 

The piece that stands out in this module is how to handle conflicts in a group setting. My current course has students contained in groups for the class project. Two groups are experiencing clashes in personalities as well as availability or effort. This module provided some steps I can apply to help correct the situation.

Frequent communication is key. If you want your students to stay on track you need to stay in touch.

encouraging on line participation requires excellent communication and instrutor needs to be present and encouraging

I learned that you have to be aware of students' behaviors because it can determine if the student will be successful in class. As an Educator it is my responsibility to make sure every student get the knowledge from the course to be a lifelong learner.  Once conflicts arise to address them as soon as possible and to make sure every student has a safe learning environment in my class.

I learned that there are students who think they are above a given teacher or course.

Sign In to comment