Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

this is all very helpful! I know it will be difficult at times dealing with students behaviors and this has given me very good ideas to implement into my teaching. I was to be consistent in my teaching and expectations and this will help guide me in doing so. 

Adherence to institutional policy is key. Keeping lines of communication between yourself and the students is crucial. Different types of students have different ways of learning and interacting, some of which can be disruptful if not handled appropriately.

continue to keep communications lines open and encourage questions if needed.

I enjoyed the information on record keeping as well as how to deal with student conflicts and how to better communicate with on line learners.

Many students need the  additional supoort that online courses provide. 24 hour technical support and access to course material allow flexibility.Teachers can send messages to students at a scheduled time of the day and students can respond to the messages at their leisure.

Nice reminder to always keep a record of all communication relevant to handling any behavioral problem for new E learning instructors and know your institutions policy. 

It is important to cover your tracks to avoid headaches down the road. By keeping good records, an online instructor is reducing liabilities and problems throughout the course.

There are different kinds of e-learners just as in the traditional classroom so as a faculty, one should know how to handlethese situations .Keep good communication with the students should any issues or problems arise that will jeopardize their completion of the program and offer assistance. Always document or record all communication with the student.

I have learned about the ways to best organize a database and communicating system. I also learned about the different reasons why students may feel overwhelmed during online learning.

Keeping course records need to be done so that you can find the information when needed.  Have a plan in place for organizing your grades. That also goes for dealing with undesirable behaviors and to know the school's policies. Finally, helping students with their problems so that they do not give up.

When dealing with procrastinators, I will set up alternative arrangements for submitting assignments, or communicating with you in case of technical problems.

It is good to be reminded that all of the students’ characteristics and needs will need to be addressed just like they would in the traditional classroom setting.  Making sure these are addressed in appropriate ways regarding privacy and your schools policies apply to e-learning environments as well as the classroom setting.

Documentation on the students file and reminding them of the syllabus are key factors to having students keep on task.

It is important to communicate with students whether they are not participating or not following the online rules. I will need to document and find ways to efficiently save all correspondence. I will need to keep these records possibly by student name in order to be able to access them later. I will need to be aware of why students may not be participating and encourage them privately to stay engaged.

I learned that students will behave online much like they will behave in person. 

The instructor needs to do all I can for the e-learner to alleviate alienation, excessive workload, competition and technical issues.

I will need to review policies and procedures for guidelines that must be followed to resolve conflicts. 

The most highly ranked form of information that an online teacher will receive from e-learners is through email.

This section brought to my attention the different type of learners and the characteristics that each type may display.  I will try to determine student types in the beginning of the course so that I can use the techniques that were suggested in this module.  

This module discusses the different types of learners. This will be helpful when engaging and redirecting students who may not be performing as well as we would like.

It is very important to understand how to handle a disruptive learner.  Even in a remote environment there should be other resources for the teacher to get help for the student.

Sign In to comment