Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Understanding your Institutions policies can aid you in navigating your online classroom and keep the educational experience focused on the education and not teacher/student idiosyncrasies.

Using a synchronous learning environment is a great way to connect teachers and peers to create a support system. 

There are various strategies for dealing with different types of students. Instructors need to mindful and responsive. In some cases, policies are useful when intervention is applied. 

I learned that I can play a larger role in helping students with technical isues. Also, it is important to monitor or take a survey to discover a students technical comfort level. 

I learned on how to managed different reasons why a leraner might not continue with the course . The suggested ways to managed the different conflicts is very helpful to manage attrition and have good retention .  

In mannaging an elearning environment, you must take care to address personality types that may cause disruptions to discussions or activities, or do not show the time management or initiative needed to complete successfully. Learner questions can be addressed through forums or emails, and may also be answered by other learners as well as the instructor. Deliberately disruptive behavior, or behaviors outside of the behavioral code, must be addressed to ensure a positive and efficient learning environment.

Establishing your relatability and authority is important in helping to manage behavior through online learning. Building the relationship and open communication with students would allow students to communicate their needs or concerns. So, I will be working on how to provide complete communication guidelines and ways to build the relationship through the online platform.

Keep good records, and continually look for the students who are not participating for one reason or another. I hope I can give a good quality learning enviroment with the content that I teach. 

Learning about the different learning profiles will definitely assist me with teaching online; I will know how to respond and react to the stuents better.

I liked the idea to have an area where students can help each other answer questions/ find possible solutions.  I also appreciated the behavior management tips. I wil think of the individual e-mail as I would just the one on one suggestions you make throughout your day in the classroom: Necessary but not a big deal if dealt with early to steer student back on track.

The system is a challenge for some students and the teacher needs to accomoadate as much as possible.

In Module 4 I found the recommended effective strategies for communicating with students to be very helpful.  When problems arise it can be very dificult to express yourself in a correct and professional manner. The main point to resolving any issue is to keep the lines of communication open and provide any assistance possible.

I learned ways to keep learners engaged and active. 

I understand that disrupters can be actively disruptive even in e learning and asynchronous environments

I also understand that teachers need to follow school guidelines

I learned that there my be students who do not participate appropriately for a variety of reasons.  The best course of managing them will be to follow our school system policy.  I am hopeful that the same strategies I use in the classroom will translate to the online environment as successfully as they do in person.

This module provided very good information on behavior management for E-Learning. I think this is a area of need for a lot of educators who are new to this learning path and it was the most helpful module for me so far.

Mkae sure to have good communication with students and set up office hours so students have a window of time that they can expect to receive an email response otherwise they may expect an immediate response all hours of the day. 

Good communciation with students and an organizational system to manage communication with students is very important when facilitating an online course.  Also, all online students will not be equally motivated to participate in the course just like in a traditional setting!

Effectively managing an on-line class requires time, effort, organization and proactive actions by the instructor.  While all of these items are also required with a traditional class, an effective on-line class may requires the same level or more.

Sign In to comment