Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is imperative to communicate effectively and to assist students with IT and/or CMS issues in a timely manner.  The platform of online teaching can be challenging if you are not prepared as an instructor, even if you are a content expert. You need to learn the CMS you will be using and understand how to assist students.  

A lot to consider with E-learning.I think On-line instructors need to be more inturned to computers and students thoughts more so than in a face to face classroom.  It certainly heightens your sense of teaching 

We had changed from one learning management system to another and it wss a challenge to get to know the system in the beginning. I had students aking me questions which i did not know the answers to.Luckily it all worked out so I make sure to be extra vigilant with my new students to make sure they know how to get to what they need in the course.

As a previous online student, I gained an understanding of online course delivery from the perspective of the instructor, which requires the instructor to be informed and prepared.

Great start to the course.  

The online instructor has to be very familiar with the CMS and structure of the course

To succeess teaching an online course I must familiar with the CMS I need to understand the platform and how to navigate through it. 

Instructors participation on discussion boards mean alot to students. As an Instructor I will comment on all discussions, give feedback, and grade in a timely manner.

i think is a fantastic tool for us, Academic Directors in Higher Education, to get familiar with online tools and its management. Great work!

This is a great resource for e-teaching and online education. Thank you on behalf of MTA Miami

While teaching Adult Learners in the on line and Face To Face (FTF), sometimes Adult learners have other Life situations.  So you as the Instructor have to understand That disruptions in the Learning may arise.  It is my opinion that Quizzes, Reviews Questions and pratice test should be able to stay in open mode. 

As far as the Techincal level with each student for navigation there should be a avenue for each student to have and meet the schools platform requirements.  I believe this would elimnate acessability fustrations.

Online learning can be a very good way for the students to learn.  The instructor needs to be in control and knowledgeable of the material

As an instructor it is important to provide students with the support needed to successfully participate in an online platform . 

Although they have to complete most of the work inderpendently , we still need to be able to provide the support needed to guide them into understanding the content being shared. 

Communication is a key thing when working with the online platform 

When I first began as a virtual or online professor I definitly was learning on the fly as it was mainly due to the global pandemic. Previously I had been completely in person. I think this section emphasized the importance of the professor reviewing, understanding, and becoming an expert on the delivery methods, and other important details, of not just the course itself but how the students are recieving the course in a virtual setting. 

A great reminder that communication is strong, valuable, and should be approached in a strategic way depending on each individual interaction. 

Through this course I have learned the value of using time effectively when communicating with students. Especially when connecting with students in a long distance setting it is important to be organized, concise and straight to the point. 

I believe that as an instructor a mastery of the LMS.  Students will try to communicate with their instructors multiple way.  For example, my students will try to contact me via Canvas, forms, email, and text.  However, most contact me via Canvas, as such having a mastery of Canvas is vital to communication and it something I will learn and apply in my class.  

Learning online techniques and how to make oniline teaching helpful for the students,

It was interesting to see all the different tasks and support that will be on us as instructors.

It is convenient for students. The instructor should be familiar with technology and able to post information in a  timely manner.

Sign In to comment